Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Hi there, For some reason when I put my mac mini to sleep and i try to wake it up it will not wake up anymore. It use to work fine. I originally had a wireless keyboard and mouse and it worked great, then I changed over to a wired KB and Mouse and it still worked great. Then now at present I went back to my wireless KB and mouse and it does not wake up when I hit my spacebar or any key and or move my mouse.

I am running leopard 10.51 and never had a problem until I switched back. I checked my settings in Energy Saver and it has the options checked Wake for Ethernet network, and also under Other options allow power button to put computer to sleep. So what am I doing wrong?

Please advise.

WizardHunt

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Shut down the computer. After pressing the power button to boot up again, hold down the following keys all at once:
:apple:-option-P-R

You should hear another startup chime (aka boonngggggg).

Let us know if it works.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Shut down the computer. After pressing the power button to boot up again, hold down the following keys all at once:

Let us know if it works.

That was a no go! 8-( however I went into my settings again and I thought I checked this but somehow missed it the last time, I guess but in the mouse and keyboard area of sys prefs, there is a bluetooth tab, and the option to allow blue tooth devices to wake up the computer is now there so I checked it and it works, :cool: I wonder if the options above you had me do made that available as a option because I didn't see it before or I really messed up and missed it the first time. :eek:

Thanks for the pointers.
WizardHunt

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Let us know if it works.

By the way, what does that option :apple:-option-P-R do exactly? It must reset something I assume. What does it reset?

WizardHunt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.