Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eric55lv

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Las Vegas,NV
So I accidently put the start up disc on my iBook on Mac OS 9.2 and I cant put it back on panther and I dont have the install dics help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bakkalohriat

Jan 14, 2008
Boston, MA
Turn off the computer, then hold down the Option key and turn it back on. It should pop up with a selection screen that allows you to choose between boot disks.

iMouseHD

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
I can not recall but it does it give the option in system prefs under 9.2 to see and choose the start up disc volume?

Bakkalohriat

Jan 14, 2008
Boston, MA
I can not recall but it does it give the option in system prefs under 9.2 to see and choose the start up disc volume?

I've been digging around a bit on the Apple support site, and it does indeed have a similar boot disk feature to OS X. It shows a tree of the physical disks in the system, with the partitions underneath; I believe that should fix his problem.

eric55lv

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Las Vegas,NV
Well I found a folder that says Start Up Items but there was no Panther there I may go to the Apple store to see if there is anything they can do

eric55lv

Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Las Vegas,NV
Well I made another thread about this and someone posted a way to get out of Mac OS 9.NOTE TO MODS: please close this thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.