Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azngamer808

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
i currently have a powerbook g4 (1.5 ghz, 512 mb ddr sdram). it's like 4 years old but it's still running decently well. but the lightness of the mba is really impressive to me and i was planning on buying something new anyways. is the entry level mba still going to be better than my current laptop?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
i currently have a powerbook g4 (1.5 ghz, 512 mb ddr sdram). it's like 4 years old but it's still running decently well. but the lightness of the mba is really impressive to me and i was planning on buying something new anyways. is the entry level mba still going to be better than my current laptop?

Most definately... YES!

1) MBA uses Core 2 Duo (a 64-bit chip).
2) More Ram.
3) More Speed.

TEG

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
It's going to be quite a bit faster, but if you need Firewire, an expansion card slot, etc., then the question is moot.

azngamer808

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
thanks. i was pretty sure that would be the case since my laptop is so old, but just wanted to double check after seeing so many posts complaining about the mba lack of power.

one more question, how well, if at all, will boot camp run on a mba?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.