Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dejection2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
For some reason Handbrake stopped working for me today. The only changes I have made to my computer were the installation of an external hard drive, namely the WP passport 160 gb hard drive and I set the preferences in Itunes to Burn audio cd. otherwise handbrake was working excellently yesterday. Now whenever I click the application it appears in dock for about 3 seconds then disappears. I have deleted and reinstalled it about 5 times already and it does the same thing each time. Help me out please.

dejection2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
If you haven't already done so, also make sure to delete

~/Library/Preferences/org.m0k.handbrake.plist

I have done all this but it still only briefly appears in my dock before disappearing again. What else can I do? How could this be related to the external hard drive?

dejection2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Actually. WOW when I reinstalled the program it didn't generate a handbrake .plist. I look everywhere but it is not to be found on my computer. Why would this be the case?

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
If you're on Leopard there's a new version out, released in the last few days. Try updating to that.

dejection2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
If you're on Leopard there's a new version out, released in the last few days. Try updating to that.

Actually the problem was that i downloaded the leopard version. But when i download the tiger version again, it opens but none of the functions are highlighted, nor does it allow me to load up any disc images.

dejection2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
The problem was that the 'open source' function was spontaneously disabled by the program itself! I had to go to preferences to select it again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.