Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjronline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
I can't figure out how to transfer the pictures from my iPhone to the computer. There is no option in iTunes. I searched for a solution on Google and it says I can use the Scanner and Digital Camera Wizard in XP, but the iPhone doesn't even show up in there. What should I do?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I would suggest you use you digital camera software. If you don't have special software, I would suggest Kodak EasyShare. It works with nearly all digital camera's on the market, including the iPhone and uses the same interface on Windows and OS X.

TEG

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
I can't figure out how to transfer the pictures from my iPhone to the computer. There is no option in iTunes. I searched for a solution on Google and it says I can use the Scanner and Digital Camera Wizard in XP, but the iPhone doesn't even show up in there. What should I do?

Are you sure?
When you plug your iPhone in there is an option in iTunes:
Like this…

EDIT: Sorry, spoke too soon.
It doesn't work… weird!

EDIT 2: Seems the only way is to email them… yikes! That is a very strange omission.

Attachments

• iTunes.jpg
    iTunes.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,723

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Very Trivial

Nope, this can be done fairly easy.

1. Plug in iPhone
2. Open up Image Capture
3. Self explanatory

* EDIT *

Nevermind, didn't see that you were not using OS X. Sorry about that.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Nope, this can be done fairly easy.

1. Plug in iPhone
2. Open up Image Capture
3. Self explanatory

* EDIT *

Nevermind, didn't see that you were not using OS X. Sorry about that.

I just did that and it shows 0 items… nothing to import… Odd. :confused:
Also you would expect it to work via iPhoto or iTunes.

Attachments

• Imagecapture.jpg
    Imagecapture.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,810

gr8ful

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
From iPhone User Guide:

"Import photos from iPhone to your computer
Connect iPhone to your computer. Then:
- On a Mac: In iPhoto, click Import. iPhoto should open automatically.
- On a PC: Follow the instructions that came with your camera or photo
application."

I think you need iPhoto version 4.0.3.

Also, I believe there is an application called Tansee iPhone Photo Transfer that is designed for this purpose.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
How odd.

When I have my iPhone connected to a USB hub (a powered one or through the Dell screen) I am unable to "see" the photos on my iPhone.

When I connect it directly to the front USB port of the Mac Pro it works.

I wonder why that would be? It works fine for syncing and transfering Music, movies etc. Just not photos. :confused:

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
Try setting itunes to not start automatically when you plug in your iphone. When you now plug in your iphone, XP should offer up some alternative utilities to use to transfer photos onto your computer. (Well at least it does for me!).

mjronline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
How odd.

When I have my iPhone connected to a USB hub (a powered one or through the Dell screen) I am unable to "see" the photos on my iPhone.

When I connect it directly to the front USB port of the Mac Pro it works.

I wonder why that would be? It works fine for syncing and transfering Music, movies etc. Just not photos. :confused:

Too weird. I tried plugging my iPhone into my front panel USB port and I was actually able to get to the photos on my iPhone. It recognized a new camera device. As it now detected the camera, I was able to move it back into the old USB port and it still works, but why in the world did it happen like this in the first place?

Phazer001

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2008
Just got it!

Hey i dont know if you were able to solve your problem but i was having the same issue as you, i wanted to dump my pics from the iPhone to my laptop...it worked for me when i unplugged the iphone from the computer, then plugged it back in and after you hear the little chime that plays when the computer recognizes a USB device was plugged in, pay attention to the little window that pops up giving you the option to copy pictures from device to computer... if you have iTunes setup to where it auto syncs when you dock the phone, just minimize iTunes when it comes up and youll see that little window im talking about. sometimes the window pops up behind iTunes so look for it...any questions email me and ill walk u thru it via AIM or yahoo msngr or whatever!

hope this helps, if you already got it taken care if, i just wanted to help

mev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
iPhoto all the way!

I was having the same problem

HOWEVER

The iPhoto procedure actually worked!
Just open iPhoto and you will be perfect =)
Thanks!

Krikke68

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2009
Mac users now also have the possibility to transfer camera roll photos to their Mac over WiFi. Check out the iPhone app PhotoToMac, costs $0.99 and works like a charm.

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
With iPhoto and Aperture set as my default image programs – at different times – every time I plugged in the iPhone, it would automatically open the program and go to the import screen were the iPhone was listed like a camera. Have you tried setting iPhoto as your default device for handling images?

bmullemeister

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Photos from IPhone to Computer

I just used Image capture which allows you to pick the photos to download to whatever folder you need

I also found that ITunes showed my IPhone and camera in DEVICES so there are two ways to get photos
:)

iTrev

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
I cannot see my iphone with any sotware

I cannot connect my iPhone with any software except iTunes. Image capture sees it but does not see any images on it. iPhoto and Preview same thing. How do I get my pics off the phone?

No I wont buy a third party app. I already paid buku bucks for my iMac.

iTrev

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
I cannot connect my iPhone with any software except iTunes. Image capture sees it but does not see any images on it. iPhoto and Preview same thing. How do I get my pics off the phone?

No I wont buy a third party app. I already paid buku bucks for my iMac.

NOTE: Fix was found. I logged out and then back in. Now it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.