Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mary81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I have to design an ebook cover for my first ebook. Do you have any suggestions? I don't have a license for Photoshop, so I can't use any tutorials.
thx,Mary

mary81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Congrats on making your first ebook. There is a free Photoshop alternative called Gimp. Here is the link.

Thanks digitalnicotine for your suggestion. I read about the Gimp, but never tried. Actually, not the images are my problem, but making them look like a real book. I searched a little and found some software that make ebook covers using my images. Some of them have templates. I wanted to try eCover Engineer, but it doesn't have a MAC version. Do you have a better suggestion?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Often the best thing to to is find an old out of print book and scan the cover, changing the text with GIMP or whathaveyou.

pollu

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
ebook covers

I'm a newbie on ebook covers and want to trial something easy and free before committing to something I may have to ditch and leave to the professionals. I've looked at and downloaded some of the thoughts here, but nothing seems obvious. It's probably me, but is there something that may suit me? I have an eMac with OS 3.9. I have downloaded Photoshop's free trial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.