Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I tried to install my new final cut pro package, all seemed to go ok then i ran the update from the software menu.

After I done that the icon in the applications folder was just white and I couldn't open final cut. All the other applications seened fine.

I tried to remove all the bit of final cut but when I try and re-install the program it still tells me it's there.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall thie sucker properly? or how to get final final cut to work.?

or is there a link to the newest update?

Thanks

icoffee

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
2 possible ways around this. You can delete the receipt in your Harddrive->Library->Receipts folder and Username->Library->Receipts folder OR use a program like Pacifist to reinstall Final Cut Pro.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
2 possible ways around this. You can delete the receipt in your Harddrive->Library->Receipts folder and Username->Library->Receipts folder OR use a program like Pacifist to reinstall Final Cut Pro.

Thanks. I have looked in the receipts folder but can't find anything named final cut in there?? :confused:

CST

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
You can use Pacifist to just install the FCP package again. I had to do that with Compressor a while back.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Ok so I tried to install again from a fresh formatted system and when I inserted the disc in the 'choose what to install' window final cut was grayed out and and said skip, everything else seems to install fine apart from final cut which didn't :(

Any suggestions?

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
If you tried to find every FCP file and delete it and it is still giving you problems you may have to dig a little deeper.

Does FCP install PACE? If it does then there may be problems with PACE anti-piracy software. Normally everything runs fine and you never have to worry about it but once in a while I have heard of issues with it.

Try to delete everything FCP and PACE then reinstall FCP.

If this doesn't help you may want to go to an Apple store and visit the genius bar.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
If you tried to find every FCP file and delete it and it is still giving you problems you may have to dig a little deeper.

Does FCP install PACE? If it does then there may be problems with PACE anti-piracy software. Normally everything runs fine and you never have to worry about it but once in a while I have heard of issues with it.

Try to delete everything FCP and PACE then reinstall FCP.

If this doesn't help you may want to go to an Apple store and visit the genius bar.

I done a complete reformat and it still says 'skip' for final cut when I try and install.

QuantumLo0p

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2006
U.S.A.
I done a complete reformat and it still says 'skip' for final cut when I try and install.

Wow. At this point I don't know what else to suggest other than you can call Apple if you still have support from buying FCP. Have Applecare?

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Tried reinstalling using Pacafist and now I just get this:

fcp.jpg

When I click on it :(

ucsdmac

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Tried reinstalling using Pacafist and now I just get this:

fcp.jpg

When I click on it :(

do u meet this system requirements?

* A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
* 1GB of RAM
* An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
* A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
* A DVD drive for installation

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
do u meet this system requirements?

* A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
* 1GB of RAM
* An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
* A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
* Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
* QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
* A DVD drive for installation

I have a new mac pro 8 core :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Are you trying to install a non-universal version of FCP? That would give you these problems.

could be - OP said FCP 2 ? or does he mean Final Cut Studio 2 ?

i had this sort of thing happen to me when i did a full restore from a time machine backup to a new Mac - some apps would show the empty logo and not load - re-install of said apps worked fine for me

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
could be - OP said FCP 2 ? or does he mean Final Cut Studio 2 ?

i had this sort of thing happen to me when i did a full restore from a time machine backup to a new Mac - some apps would show the empty logo and not load - re-install of said apps worked fine for me

I done a complete system reformat of leopard and tried to reinstall with the final cut studio 2 discs. :confused:

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
I done a complete system reformat of leopard and tried to reinstall with the final cut studio 2 discs. :confused:

that is weird - have you updated to 10.5.2 ?

also where are you installing to ? the main HDD or a External HDD

also the error message you got looks like it's running a PPC app - on the FCP.app right click and get info and take a screeenshot and post it

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
that is weird - have you updated to 10.5.2 ?

also where are you installing to ? the main HDD or a External HDD

Yes 10.5.2, Install in the main 1st drive. It is so strange because everything else I selected (i.e motion/colour etc..) Has install just fine.

CST

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
Are you sure it's a legal version of FCP? I know you said you had the discs but that's the last thing I can think of.

You might try posting over at the Apple discussion forum for FCP too.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Are you sure it's a legal version of FCP? I know you said you had the discs but that's the last thing I can think of.

You might try posting over at the Apple discussion forum for FCP too.

Yes legal version on originals discs :(

Ill try over at apple thanks.

Quajafrie

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2008
Final Cut Studio 2: Option to install Final Cut Pro is dimmed

Symptoms

If you install Final Cut Studio 2 after having installed Logic Studio, the option to install Final Cut Pro may be dimmed so that it is not possible to install Final Cut Pro. Other applications can be installed.

This particular issue specifically occurs on systems on which Logic Studio has already been installed.

Resolution

Take the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. If it is still running, quit the Final Cut Studio Installer.
2. In Finder, navigate to /Library/Receipts/.
3. Locate the file named ProMediaIO.pkg and drag it to the Trash.
4. Run the Final Cut Studio Installer again.

Is this perhaps the solution to your problem?

Nodoal

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2010
Update to fix problem

Hey Guys

Thanks for the earlier posts, the promediaio files are the ones you need to get rid of.

If you didnt find them in that directory check here.

-------------"/private/var/db/receipts"-------------

It has different names as well

Its ------"com.apple.pkg.prmedialO.plist"--------------
and also ------"com.apple.pkg.ProMedialO.bom"-------------

I deleted both and the installation went perfectly.

Thanks for the help guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.