Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
I am wondering where you can find the default ".Mac and RSS" screen saver that comes with the os install.
I am working with Quartz Composer for the first time and am having troubles showing images from an rss feed. The screen saver that they have works for what i want to do, but i want to see how its done, and adjust it to my own personal likings.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
not the specific ".Mac and RSS" screensaver.
They have some of the screen savers but not all...

*edit*
Better yet, does anyone know how i can load an image from an RSS feed using Quartz Composer?

Ohsnaptakethat

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
Wrong Library

You were looking in the wrong library.

Go to Macintosh HD > System > Library > Screen Savers

Those are were they're hiding.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
...nope, wasnt looking in the wrong library.
if you go to the folder you specified, and you actually look at the screen savers in that folder, you will see that the .Mac and RSS feed saver is not there. Most of the other ones are there, but not that specific one.

Nevermind, i dont need x more replies telling me ive looked in the wrong directory.
*Mod you can delete this thread, ill start a more specific programming thread.

Ohsnaptakethat

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
Well Sorry

Um couple things, lets be a little more specific in asking questions. You'll find you get a better response.

Second. Your an idiot, go to /System/Library/Screen Savers/RSS Visualizer.qtz.

You know what I did there?

Huh ? ? ?

I literally dragged and dropped that thing you were looking for, and what does the path say?

What does it say?

Oh its where I ****ing told you it would be.

Smart ASS.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
/Library/Screen Savers is empty, but

/System/Library/Screen Savers has all of the screensavers along with two .qtz files for RSS version etc. Well, at least for Tiger. Thanks...

By the way, does anybody know the location of default login pictures, you know these little dog, butterfly, soccer ball etc. pics?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.