Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mogra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Hi Everybody,

I am thinking of buying 2 tablets. I have PowerBook G4.

Goal : find some cheap solution to exchange notes while on skype.

Recently one of our collaborator moved to different state. Skype is really great for all conference call meeting .... but problem arises when we have to exchange math formulas. There is no easy way to write them easily and exchange on skype ... so I thought may be tablet is the answer. So I am looking for some cheap solution .. so I can buy two of them and send one to my collaborator as well.

Any ideas and advice will be helpful. My apologies if this is wrong place to post this kind of question.

Hecklerdanny

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2007
I am still really struggling if I should just get a cintiq instead... but it's 10x the cost of bamboo...

I have at different times owned a Graphire Tablet, a Intuos2 and now a 21UX Cintiq. If you've never used a tablet before then I'd pretty strongly recommend starting with the lower end models, to see if you like it. (Most people love them, but not everyone, my graphic designer brother has never touched his)

I've recently upgraded to the Cintiq, and while it's much more fun to use than the Intuos2 tablets, I don't find myself able to do much more on it then I could the regular Intuos2 Tablet. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cintiq, but I'd start small. Just my opinion.

All Wacom Tablet's are just awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.