Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
Do i need that hideously overpriced computer cleaner from apple.com? or is a soft cloth, lint free, and dampened just fine for the screen?

Can I use compressed air to dust the computer or is this harmful?

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
I would go with the damp, lint free cloth. However, someone told me not to use a damp cloth, that it was bad for the screen. Now I am no expert, so somebody else may want to chime in here. But the soft lint free cloth sounds like the best way to go.

stoid

macrumors 601
In the PowerBook G4 manual that came with my brand new 15 inch AluBook says thay you should turn off the book, unplug, and remove the battery, then use a moist lint free cloth on all surfaces except the keyboard.

However, I would consider buying special cleaning materials. For the investment I made when I purchased my machine I would do anything I need to make sure it stays in the best condition possible.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
i have a lint free microfiber cloth that's very soft and works well with electonics, especially for LCD screens. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.