Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Odisey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
Hello,
Tried Paragon. Thought it was great for about 30 minutes. Where can I learn more about fnding and installing and using MacFUSE and NTFS3g? New versions of Pargon are said to corrupt files and even with updates there is trouble moving large files. This is forum news on their site.

Any solutions for large NTFS compatability in Mac Leopard environment that is reliable and verifiable is welcome.

TY,
ODC

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
I installed MacFuse and NTFS 3G for a 320GB external HD (already formatted to NTFS, and nowhere to store the data for a reformat) and have had no issues since day one - one very happy camper!

Odisey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
I installed MacFuse and NTFS 3G for a 320GB external HD (already formatted to NTFS, and nowhere to store the data for a reformat) and have had no issues since day one - one very happy camper!

Right these are our choices. People who are using Paragon beware updating - as later versions are having bug issues not experienced in earlier versions - as I understand. Newer versions are CRu p TIn gg files.

OK - sounds good.

Does it (MacFUSE + NTFS3g) move LARGE files slowly? I am wondering if I got the right builds of MacFUSE and NTFS3g

ODC

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Yes, Macfuse is extremely slow IMHO. When I transferred 300 mb from my Mac to an NTFS-formatted usb thumb drive, it took about 20 minutes. When I do the same thing on my HFS+ formatted thumbdrive, it took about 3 minutes. MacFuse isn't a performance tool; it's a compatibility tool.

Does it (MacFUSE + NTFS3g) move LARGE files slowly? I am wondering if I got the right builds of MacFUSE and NTFS3g

ODC

Odisey

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
Updating MacFUSE and NTFS3g

Hello,
I would like to update! Which are the best versions for 10.5.8

Can I update my OS for free?

Thank you,
Odisey

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.