Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
Hey,im doing an assignment on apple and i need to know how many people are employed worldwide.
Also, does anyone know of a site that will give the info? i checked apple and i googled it for ages.

cheers,
shuffles.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
cheers, sorry for putting it in the wrong thread...didnt know which one it fit in best. Also, the info from wikipedia...i saw that but as you know, you cant quote wikipedia for university assignments cuz its not a credible academic website and my assignment would get thrown out the door in a second.
cheers tho.

mtk75

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
cheers, sorry for putting it in the wrong thread...didnt know which one it fit in best. Also, the info from wikipedia...i saw that but as you know, you cant quote wikipedia for university assignments cuz its not a credible academic website and my assignment would get thrown out the door in a second.
cheers tho.

Learn how to use wikipedia then. The statement has a bibliographic entry which allows you to download the pdf file that was used as the source of the statement.

This is no different than reading a text that was created using research compiled from other sources in a library...

-Matt

izibo

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2004
cheers tho.

You do realize that wikipedia has these crazy things called "references," yes? You could look at the reference right next to the number of employees and get the data from the primary source.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Come on guys, someone calls for help and all you do is flame them? Not nice.

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
If you're going to insult the guy, at least back it up with the correct answer.

As of Apple's latest SEC filing, they have 21,600 employees.

As of September 29, 2007, the Company had approximately 21,600 full-time
equivalent employees and an additional 2,100 temporary equivalent employees and
contractors.

AllenMac

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2011
United States
Come on guys, someone calls for help and all you do is flame them? Not nice.

I agree. Forum users are some of the most intolerant people I've ever "met." It doesn't even matter what website it is; users on forums tend to need psychological therapy for anger management.

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I agree. Forum users are some of the most intolerant people I've ever "met." It doesn't even matter what website it is; users on forums tend to need psychological therapy for anger management.

For me it's a tad annoying when you want to help out people in need yet have to sift through wads of questions that a simple google search will answer. Instead time is wasted on these questions while valid queries might get lost in the maelstrom.

In the end then the users who genuinely want to help others get irritated by all these easily-answered-if-they-made-a-2-second-google-search questions and just stop helping out. Unfortunately this is what i did.

johnllyman

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Apple Doesn't release Date, but if you know please respond

So yes I have examined Wikipedia and other related sites but trying to pinpoint the exact number of people abroad that produce Mac related products?

I know its in the hundreds of thousands>

I've read through a number of posts on here and if you know that would be great but no need to make any snide comments by sending me a Wikipedia link.

Thanks

John

staninfrance

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Answering a sincere questions

Hey,im doing an assignment on apple and i need to know how many people are employed worldwide.
Also, does anyone know of a site that will give the info? i checked apple and i googled it for ages.

cheers,
shuffles.

You ask a sincere question, and then a few feeble-minded insecure characters seemed to feel the need to insult you. Not everyone sees things the same.

What's wrong with helping someone in need regardless of how simple or obvious you feel finding the answer is. Some of you should never seek a job as trainer. You won't last with personalities like that.

Being patient with others sometimes reaps great benefits for both parties.

Okay, now you can attack me if you want. I don't really give a damned. --Stan from California

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.