Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

help!!!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Hi,
I was SSHng a theme I made onto my iPod Touch, So, I went into SMBPrefs and choose mine. Then, I went back to the home screen to reboot and all that happend was the wait thing kept on going and i heard the "Pluged In" noise every 5 seconds. So, I turned it off and back on. Now, it is stuck at the apple logo with the wait thing going and the noise. Obviosly I cant SSH onto it and delete it. What should I do? THX!

bazookafx3

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Try turning off you ipod (hold home and sleep) and after it turns off hold the home button and plug it into your computer. After that try restoring it in itunes.

And as for you akonradi, save the criticize for AFTER you help him. don't go rummaging through the forums just so you can give someone crap the first chance you get.

help!!!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Ok, I restored it. But now, I dont get Wi-Fi here (laptops plugged into ethernet) and I have some things from when I jailbroke it before. Is there anyway to get these on my ipod without SSH?

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Ok, I restored it. But now, I dont get Wi-Fi here (laptops plugged into ethernet) and I have some things from when I jailbroke it before. Is there anyway to get these on my ipod without SSH?

Just jailbreak it again and download the apps you had before.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
You won't need a wifi network to SSH. If you can turn on network sharing from your computer (knowing your OS would help here), the iPod can connect and you could SSH. If they're just apps that you need to get back on, the installer is the obvious way, but other than that you'll need to SSH to access the directories on the device from your computer

help!!!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
You won't need a wifi network to SSH. If you can turn on network sharing from your computer (knowing your OS would help here), the iPod can connect and you could SSH. If they're just apps that you need to get back on, the installer is the obvious way, but other than that you'll need to SSH to access the directories on the device from your computer

I tried that, It worked last night but now the icon that i got in my status bar is not there anymore and my ipod does not reconize it. Also, when I close System Pefs, the setting is changed back 2 not share

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
I tried that, It worked last night but now the icon that i got in my status bar is not there anymore and my ipod does not reconize it. Also, when I close System Pefs, the setting is changed back 2 not share
So you're running OS X, right? Which version? I've done network sharing since Jaguar, so maybe I can help. It has been a bit different with each release of the OS.

help!!!!!

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
So you're running OS X, right? Which version? I've done network sharing since Jaguar, so maybe I can help. It has been a bit different with each release of the OS.

Yep. OS X, My MBP is running 10.5.2

confused person

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2009
ipod stuck

i have the same problem and i tried everything but i can't recover anything because it can't reconize it. I mean i downloaded my music to my itouch before i jailbroke it on my cuz's and somehow it got synced to that computer can any one help me? or is it not fixable.:(:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.