Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Serious?? I've got too much to lose to do a restore. I've never even used it.

Stupid Cydia. :rolleyes:

1. Make a list of programs you have installed through Installer.app (obviously leave out Cydia.)
2. Sync your phone with iPhoto and then iTunes.
3. Restore with iTunes and make sure you have it restore with your most recent restore point.
4. Jailbreak again.
5. Install all programs on the list you made in step one.

Bam! Back to how it was. iTunes saves all the info from your custom apps as well as your stock apps. It will be back how it was exactly the same, even text messages and call logs and everything.

You won't lose anything.

kashmoney2006

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2007
1. Make a list of programs you have installed through Installer.app (obviously leave out Cydia.)
2. Sync your phone with iPhoto and then iTunes.
3. Restore with iTunes and make sure you have it restore with your most recent restore point.
4. Jailbreak again.
5. Install all programs on the list you made in step one.

Bam! Back to how it was. iTunes saves all the info from your custom apps as well as your stock apps. It will be back how it was exactly the same, even text messages and call logs and everything.

You won't lose anything.

yea that works. ive had to do it a couple times.

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2008
Does this also delete the Cydia software updates? I tried restoring the iPhone then jailbreaking it again, but somehow I'm pretty sure the updates is still there!! Cydia updates, that slow my iPhone down!!

apt-get remove cydia

in terminal on the iphone.....done

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Can someone explain to me exactly how these Cydia updates slow an iPhone down? I don't want some opinion, I want solid facts.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Can someone explain to me exactly how these Cydia updates slow an iPhone down? I don't want some opinion, I want solid facts.

Haha, EXACTLY! It doesn't make sense. I use Cydia over Installer because installer seems too cheesy for me, but I would never say "it slows down the fon LOLZrofl" It's stupid to assume that a small app, not running in background, would have any effect, whatsoever on performance.

Silly.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
This thread is really OLD and is about removing the OLD Cydia that was installed through the old Installer on 1.x iPhone software.

rick0107

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
remove cydia

yeah, just connect your phone to itunes and restore. of course your phone will no longer be jailbroken.

DragonHack3r

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
easy download CyDelete of Cydia, the go into your iPod Settinf the hit Cydelete tab, the hit i think if remember theres a tab and it delete cydia, (caution ur taking a big risk my man, i did it before and it froze my ipod for like 4 hrs):D:D:D:D

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Removing Cydia is one of the dumbest things you can do. If you don't know how to use it, hide it with SBSettings. If you want to delete it just install Cydelete and delete Cydia like a regular app.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
since this thread was brought back from it's heavy sleep,
I just wanted to add a post for this thread to balance it's view count a little bit:
Views: 56,986 :eek:
Posts 21 (now 22) :)

thisgirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2011
Not complicated

[i do not want to restore my iphone to te newest update, because it would make my phone incapable of jailbreaking, but i have an appointment with the iStore, so i need my Cydia to temporarily not by on my iPhone, as to not void my warranty]

To remove Cydia from your iPhone, simply go into the 'Manage' in your Cydia store,
Packages
( make sure the top right of your screen confirms you're in "expert", instead of "simple")
And delete the "Cydia installer"!

Or just start deleting from the top, one by one, if you feel like reatarting your springboard a million times.

***BUT** once u delete Cydia, you will not be able to delete SOME of it's components (example: "Manual correct pro", "iNo Rotate", "Fastcopy". so delete the settin option guys first)

this does not unjailbreak your phone, but i notice IMMEDIATE speed after doing this, since it removed my winterboard/themes.
The only true ways of removing a jailbreak is by updating to the newest software in iTunes, or restoring your phone, and reselecting the music/photos/apps and such that you want to sync your device to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.