Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuizer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I've been looking to either get 2 more 24" monitors or one 30". There are great advantages to each monitor. For gaming the 30" is much better, however for business (internet, spreadsheets, etc.), video editing 2 24" are much better. As I have nothing better to do with some of my spare time, I am wondering if anyone has measured out the actual viewing area of their 24" or 30" monitor height and width.

If you have please list the dimensions you have measured on your widescreen 30" and/or 24" monitor.

Thanks!

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
that's the diagonal...if you have a specific model in mind, they manufacturers site should have the dimensions.

Fuizer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Right so the diagonal of a 24" and 30" is exactly what it sounds, but all the websites that offer monitors only tell of the physical monitor dimension, which usually includes the stand, I want to know the height and width of any typical 24" and 30" viewing area. The Apple, Dell, Samsung, etc. monitors

Fuizer

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
SO.... I was able to find the exact measurements of a Dell 24" monitor, the 2407. It measures Width(12 3/4) by Height(20 1/2) in inches. This is the actual viewable screen, it doesn't include the stand nor the monitor housing along the edges.

If someone could find the measurements of a 30" that would be most helpful.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
You can use simple maths to find the actual viewing dimensions of the screen. If you were looking for the full physical size, the website SHOULD have it on their specs page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.