Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanskywalker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
I am not sure what it is but the dreaded 5-7 business day shipping time just seems to hold me back from ordering an imac. When can we expect the times to speed up?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
When the demand for them starts to go down, they weren't released that long ago so the demand for them is still going to be very high.

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
Order the friggin thing. I read people posting for a week about how long it is going to take. If they ordered it, they would have it, and no need to complain.

AlanTheBrit

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
Runcorn, Merseyside UK
I am not sure what it is but the dreaded 5-7 business day shipping time just seems to hold me back from ordering an imac. When can we expect the times to speed up?

I ordered my (5-month longed-for) new iMac on 12th August; it was despatched on the 14th; projected delivery 23rd/24th August: I got it (via TNT) Friday 17th August... Unexpectedly roused from a drunken coma at 11am...
But that's another story :-0))

What a STUNNER; it's F*****G brilliant :))))))

This IS BETTER than mere SEX!

This Mac is my wife for at least two years...

CBAviator

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
Nederland

The 5-7 day shipping time is the least of your worries. If you keep holding back, then you are simply adding a day to that time period for each day you don't place your order!!!

Order the thing! It will likely be 5 days before it ships. Mine was 3-5 and it was prepared for shipment within 3 days.

marcg007

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2003
Boston area
I ordered mine on August 13 and...

It has not even moved from "item not shipped" to "prepared for shipment". I even upgraded to overnight shipping for all the good that is going to do me. My status says "Shipping from 8/15 - 8/20" and something like "delivery between 8/16 and 8/21". Once if finally arrives, the fun really begins. I will have to take it and my old G4 tower to one of the nearby Apple stores to get assistance with data transfer. I want to do the data transfer and setup properly this time rather than just using migration assistant. I plan to set this up right with a proper Admin and regular user accounts for myself, my wife, and a guest account and I want to make sure the folder with Virtual PC in it gets moved over properly so that I can use it with Boot Camp and don't have to reinstall Windows all over again just to use the 3 applications I need in Windows. My point is, I don't even got to open it up the first time at my home. Sorry to ramble, I just want it to get here. :eek:

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I ordered mine on the 9th with expedited shipping, still haven't gotten it. At the time, it was 3-5 days shipping.

Why oh why must I live in the cold white north D:

Hibbsy

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2007
UK
I ordered my (5-month longed-for) new iMac on 12th August; it was despatched on the 14th; projected delivery 23rd/24th August: I got it (via TNT) Friday 17th August... Unexpectedly roused from a drunken coma at 11am...
But that's another story :-0))

What a STUNNER; it's F*****G brilliant :))))))

This IS BETTER than mere SEX!

This Mac is my wife for at least two years...

Sex in liverpool must be bad ! ;)

TheGodOfWine

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2008
i ordered an iPhone 6 days ago on 5-7 day shipping and its not here yet. im kind of dissapointed, i was really expecting it today....ah well, maybe tomorrow

Morod

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
i ordered an iPhone 6 days ago on 5-7 day shipping and its not here yet. im kind of dissapointed, i was really expecting it today....ah well, maybe tomorrow

Good luck with the iPhone as they are "currently unavailable" online. They are apparently in the middle of an upgrade, so with any luck it may take more time to get to you but you may receive a new product! :)
Morod

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
Good luck with the iPhone as they are "currently unavailable" online. They are apparently in the middle of an upgrade, so with any luck it may take more time to get to you but you may receive a new product! :)
Morod

Ordered my new iMac on May 6, shipped May 7 from CA, out for delivery in CT today (5/13). Seven days start to finish (assuming it does in fact arrive today).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.