Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Hello everyone,

I am having problems with my videos. On both podcast videos and my collection of movies causes itunes to freeze. I get the rainbow circle. Unable to force quit. Basically I have to do hard shut down, not sure what causes it. The mouse moves but the whole desktop does not respond and I can hear the audio but thats about it.

thanks

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Ok having serious problems, my itunes seems sluggish and staggering with music. I ran Onyx and did repair permissions. Not sure what else to do but to uninstall itunes and redo my whole library. Someone has any idea why itunes freezes with videos and is slow with music.

cloudnine

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Ok having serious problems, my itunes seems sluggish and staggering with music. I ran Onyx and did repair permissions. Not sure what else to do but to uninstall itunes and redo my whole library. Someone has any idea why itunes freezes with videos and is slow with music.

I've been having the same exact issue for the past, say, 4-5 days? I have no idea what I did differently, but every time I go to play a song or movie or video, it freezes for 10-15 seconds... then plays for 3-5 seconds... then freezes for another 10-20 seconds. It's really annoying because it does it for anything and everything I try to play.

If I figure out why it's doing it, I'll let you know. :/

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
I've been having the same exact issue for the past, say, 4-5 days? I have no idea what I did differently, but every time I go to play a song or movie or video, it freezes for 10-15 seconds... then plays for 3-5 seconds... then freezes for another 10-20 seconds. It's really annoying because it does it for anything and everything I try to play.

If I figure out why it's doing it, I'll let you know. :/

Was there a recent Itunes updates within the last few weeks?

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Ok I fixed my problem, all I did is made sure my View Artwork was showing, when I dont have that little box down left corner causes the crashes, when its displaying everything runs fine. Test it out if it could be that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.