Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Yep...as a traditional Mac fanboy, I feel almost emotional about selling my iMac G5 17" ALS (the one described in the signature below) before getting a brand new iMac C2D 24"...this is, indeed, the last MR message sent via this wonderful white machine, before I format it with a zero-out pass start, reinstall OS X and start using something new from Apple next week...

I've got a relatively good price for it (bought it for 2000 CHF in 2005 and will sell it for a bit more than 750 CHF now), so that someone else might continue using it for years to come (or resell it to someone for the same purposes)...

So here I am, paying my respects to a GREAT machine that has followed me and given me GREAT assistance since early 2005..! The experience with Macs is always incomparable in terms of overall quality and user experience, so respect is due...

THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KING! :D

Thank you iMac G5! May you enlighten others in your path! :rolleyes:

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
I hope I get as much wear as your iMac G5 did. My new 24'' alum. iMac will be my first Mac purchase and I can't hardly wait till it comes... next wed or thurs... ridiculous.

Anyway, sounds like you got a great machine in the past and I hope we get a great experience out of the new 24 inchers.

take care

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I hope I get as much wear as your iMac G5 did. My new 24'' alum. iMac will be my first Mac purchase and I can't hardly wait till it comes... next wed or thurs... ridiculous.

Anyway, sounds like you got a great machine in the past and I hope we get a great experience out of the new 24 inchers.

take care

Tks a lot, I am sure the new iMac is gonna be a fabulous machine...I am gonna have to wait for 5 more days, even though my b-day is next Monday...so patience is a virtue! ;)

In fact, it was so nice to take my old computer to the family's house...my iMac G5 is intended to be a gift to a couple of little kids...and they were SO excited, just as I was when I got my first Apple //e..! :)

mreg376

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Yep...as a traditional Mac fanboy, I feel almost emotional about selling my iMac G5 17" ALS (the one described in the signature below) before getting a brand new iMac C2D 24"...this is, indeed, the last MR message sent via this wonderful white machine, before I format it with a zero-out pass start, reinstall OS X and start using something new from Apple next week...

I've got a relatively good price for it (bought it for 2000 CHF in 2005 and will sell it for a bit more than 750 CHF now), so that someone else might continue using it for years to come (or resell it to someone for the same purposes)...

So here I am, paying my respects to a GREAT machine that has followed me and given me GREAT assistance since early 2005..! The experience with Macs is always incomparable in terms of overall quality and user experience, so respect is due...

THE KING IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KING! :D

Thank you iMac G5! May you enlighten others in your path! :rolleyes:

Let's not get carried away. It's only three years. Even Windoze PC's can trudge through the mud for five years.

jorasho

macrumors regular
May 10, 2005
I thought this too already 4 times by now. 2 times last year when I tried to buy an Intel iMac, and 2 times with the current Alu 24" machines. Although they are always broken in some way.

I disconnect the iMac, put it on the floor, place the new iMac, connect it, boot it, notice the defect, disconnect it and reconnect the old iMac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.