Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshua_msu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
chicago (formerly detroit)
What is everyone getting here for the average battery life of these two? Also, does turning them off when not in use save battery life, or do they automatically go into sleep?

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
What is everyone getting here for the average battery life of these two? Also, does turning them off when not in use save battery life, or do they automatically go into sleep?

I can't talk about the Mighty Mouse as I use Logitech mice. For the white Apple wireless keyboard, I get a year from my batteries with 4 hrs of daily use. Yes, it does go to sleep when not in use for some time...

tammy418

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2006
Gainesville/Miami
I have the white wireless keyboard since april 2007 and the original energizer e2 lithium batteries are still in my keyboard right now with 33% charge left.

My wireless mighty mouse's original batteries lasted me 3.5 months and the rechargeable ones I use in it now last about a month and a half.

I never turn off the keyboard or the mouse. But I believe that battery life really depends on the kind of batteries you use.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
my alum wireless keyboard lasts for about 6 months, but i use my computer for 12+ hours a day. My mighty mouse lasts about 3 months.

mackensteff

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2006
Short battery life with unibody mac and white wireless keyboard?

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but hopefully that is better than starting a new one. Anyone seeing a short battery lifetime (weeks at the most) when pairing the old apple wireless white keyboard with a unibody mac. When paired to my old G4 laptop the lifetime was near a year, but now changing batteries every other week is getting old. Did I miss a setting to get the keyboard to sleep?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.