Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taijuan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2006
I'm trying to print a credit card sized image in the form of a PDF file from preview. It's actually a scanned copy of an ID card and when I print it, it always prints the image in the exact center of the paper. I would like it to print in the upper left or right hand corner, so I can take the paper, re-insert it and then print the reverse side of the ID card on the same sheet of paper, but am not sure how to go about this. In "page setup", I can successfully change the orientation to landscape, but this doesn't help. I also can't seem to find any help in the printer setup section. I'm printing using an HP Officejet 6310. Is this possible using preview? I'm using OSX 10.4.11.

jywv8

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I'm running 10.5, so maybe this isn't available in 10.4, but here's what the Help for Preview says:

====

You can print several different images or the multiple copies of the same image to the same sheet of paper. To print more than one image to a sheet of paper:

1. Open the first image.

2. Choose View > Sidebar.

3. Drag the rest of the images from the Finder to the first image’s sidebar.

4. Select all the images in the sidebar.
- Click the first image, and then hold down the Command key as you click the others.

5. Choose File > Print.

6. Select the number of images to print on each page from the “Images per page” pop-up menu.
- If you can’t see that option, click the triangle beside the Printer pop-up menu.

7. Choose whether each page should contain different images or multiple copies of the same image:
- To print different images on a page, deselect “Print [number] copies per page.”
- To print the same image multiple times on a page, select “Print [number] copies per page.”

8. Click Print.

taijuan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Thanks, but as far as I can tell the "sidebar" is not available in 10.4 and I can't command click more than one page in the "drawer". Any other thoughts?

nobleknees

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
i only get 1 image per page. when i go through the stages suggested, it only makes more or less room for extra/less pictures but doesn't fill the space with other pics.

help?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.