Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lurcovq

Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hey, Just got an email to go to a apple recruitment seminar. What's to expect? What would i have to do? lol Bricking it! :rolleyes:

Thanx

lurcovq

Original poster
May 22, 2008
no permission

no permission to see it already terid to see them posts thats why I posted a new one

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
You will have to jump through hoops typical Apple style. I went to a few of them before I settled in the job I have now, and they weren't that great. You may love it if you are a diehard Apple fan that doesn't mind cute hiring sessions.

It's very impersonal, and a lot of times they will hire the people that know absolutely nothing about Apple computers and software, those that bought their Mac Mini the day before.

Good Luck!

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
they are very choosy about the people that they employ i reckon - they want the right personality in aswell as the right type of product knowledge - at the end of the day anyone can learn about a product but do you have the right skills? sure they may very well ask for retail experiance but you need to come across very well in your interview i guess. read the role description whcih you applied for and ensure you deliver the bits about u whhich will help with the job role...the seminar .... as the post says (but u cant access it) its prolly going to be split into sections, may include a roleplay / presentation so perhaps be ready for that..make sure you have some competency answers ready aswell (if u live in the uk, not sure how the interview outside of uk are conducted tbh) and tbh just be urself and hopefully that will get u through the first stage:) let us know how it goes - when is it?

p.s i actually enjoyed the interviews as they werent the usual crap that every other company do - get down to the nitt gritty!! lol

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
may include a roleplay / presentation so perhaps be ready for that..

p.s i actually enjoyed the interviews as they werent the usual crap that every other company do - get down to the nitt gritty!! lol

i interviewed recently and ii had a presentation i had to do. that was annoying...

I must say interviewing with Apple retail store is very different. Its almost like they begin to brainwash you from the get go before you even get the job! It was weird. =/ Call me old fashion but I prefer 1on1 interviews because that is a lot less people to impress. The people did seem pretty cool though.

I thought I did terrible in my interview but despite that I got a call back the same day :D

Only tip I have is to try to stand out. Its okay to embarrass yourself, but just dont make an ass of yourself. Always maintain eye contact with the managers when you are talked to and when you're talking to them. When you do say something though say it with conviction. That is most important.

Even though I didnt offer me a job yet, thats what usually gets me all my interviews with positive results.

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
wako ive private messaged you.

im waiting on a reply from apple after another interview.......dnt think it went too well though :( shmuks il have to apply elsewhere today ... no idea where though all jobs sound boring to me :p

shaunomacx

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Portsmouth
i got an email inviting me to a recruitment seminar in belfast next week!:D

yep same here, not really sure about the way Apple are going to do this. Like most places are formal interview but is this place casual or what? Ive had 3 emails from them about it but little to no details!

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
yep same here, not really sure about the way Apple are going to do this. Like most places are formal interview but is this place casual or what? Ive had 3 emails from them about it but little to no details!

seminars are fairly informal theyll prolly ask u things bout u and experince previous to now etc and maybe presentation etc as mentioned above post

pac207

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2008
Northern Ireland
what exactly do you think the presentation would involve....aside from presenting something of course!

yea, i have received a couple of emails, but all i know is the time and place. As for presentations, I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that in the past people have been asked to make a group video, and others have been asked to make a poster or something using pages, about themselves.

I have also heard that people have been asked how to present a certain apple product to a particular sector of society, such as a normal customer, teacher or business person.

shaunomacx

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Portsmouth
yea, i have received a couple of emails, but all i know is the time and place. As for presentations, I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that in the past people have been asked to make a group video, and others have been asked to make a poster or something using pages, about themselves.

I have also heard that people have been asked how to present a certain apple product to a particular sector of society, such as a normal customer, teacher or business person.

any idea on the typical yearly salary for these apple jobs? always a factor you'll agree!

pac207

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2008
Northern Ireland
Hmmm, although its only retail it seems to be a job that Apple take very seriously as its their flagship way to sell to the consumer who may not sell much online so I think that its probably a little more

well you never know, and im sure we will soon find out.

i just IM'ed you by the way

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
well you never know, and im sure we will soon find out.

i just IM'ed you by the way

They don't discuss salary and stuff like that with you. This is basically your interview to be allowed inside the Apple 'bubble', but be assured you are still outside it until you have accepted the job, and you will be treated as such.

Expect fairly vague information about what the job and what you will be doing. They are generally looking for the right kind of people. As a previous poster said, they can teach you all about macs but they can't teach you how to have the right attitude.etc.

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
They don't discuss salary and stuff like that with you. This is basically your interview to be allowed inside the Apple 'bubble', but be assured you are still outside it until you have accepted the job, and you will be treated as such.

Expect fairly vague information about what the job and what you will be doing. They are generally looking for the right kind of people. As a previous poster said, they can teach you all about macs but they can't teach you how to have the right attitude.etc.

im really pissed at this since the woman said they require people to have product knwoledge aswell as experiance im like wtf man anyone can learn about the producT!!!! i didnt say that lol but i was thinkin it! surely if the person knew EVERYTHING about the products then the job wouldnt be challenging they would get the job get bored and leave - they need to recruite people willing to LEARN and develop!!! argh i dont know.

lurcovq

Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hey Guys

Hey Guys, Sry it took me soo long to reply. Yea mines in Belfast too! Wow, maybe there are alot of people going! Bit annoying having to do group things, i like a one-on-one interview haha :D Sure cya's there!

P.S I dont think we should mention we were on this site lol

shaunomacx

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
Portsmouth
Hey Guys, Sry it took me soo long to reply. Yea mines in Belfast too! Wow, maybe there are alot of people going! Bit annoying having to do group things, i like a one-on-one interview haha :D Sure cya's there!

P.S I dont think we should mention we were on this site lol

You on Monday or Tuesday?

J

jmadlena

I would love to work at an Apple store. Right now that would be the place I want to work the most, but there isn't one close to my university or my house. Whenever I go in I end getting the feeling that I know more about Apple products and Mac OS X than the employees there.

I was helping my friend shop for a notebook for school in September, and I was convincing her to get a MacBook, so we went to the Apple store. I was going down the list of why she should get one instead of a Windows box, when an employee walked over and said "I would ask if you need any help, but I can see you've got it covered."

She bought a MacBook Pro. I felt I should have earned commission :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.