Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old May 22, 2008, 05:41 PM   #1
lurcovq

Apple Recruitment Seminar

Hey, Just got an email to go to a apple recruitment seminar. What's to expect? What would i have to do? lol Bricking it!

Thanx
lurcovq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Sky Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurcovq View Post
What would i have to do?
Use the search:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=482577

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=464748
Sky Blue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 06:48 AM   #3
lurcovq

no permission

no permission to see it already terid to see them posts thats why I posted a new one
Old May 23, 2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Digital Skunk
macrumors 604

You will have to jump through hoops typical Apple style. I went to a few of them before I settled in the job I have now, and they weren't that great. You may love it if you are a diehard Apple fan that doesn't mind cute hiring sessions.

It's very impersonal, and a lot of times they will hire the people that know absolutely nothing about Apple computers and software, those that bought their Mac Mini the day before.

Good Luck!
Old May 24, 2008, 03:29 PM   #5
sweetice2007
macrumors 6502

they are very choosy about the people that they employ i reckon - they want the right personality in aswell as the right type of product knowledge - at the end of the day anyone can learn about a product but do you have the right skills? sure they may very well ask for retail experiance but you need to come across very well in your interview i guess. read the role description whcih you applied for and ensure you deliver the bits about u whhich will help with the job role...the seminar .... as the post says (but u cant access it) its prolly going to be split into sections, may include a roleplay / presentation so perhaps be ready for that..make sure you have some competency answers ready aswell (if u live in the uk, not sure how the interview outside of uk are conducted tbh) and tbh just be urself and hopefully that will get u through the first stage let us know how it goes - when is it?

p.s i actually enjoyed the interviews as they werent the usual crap that every other company do - get down to the nitt gritty!! lol
Old May 25, 2008, 03:20 PM   #6
shaunomacx
macrumors member

Quote:
Hey, Just got an email to go to a apple recruitment seminar. What's to expect? What would i have to do? lol Bricking it!

Thanx
Is your seminar in Belfast too?
Old May 25, 2008, 07:40 PM   #7
wako
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetice2007 View Post
may include a roleplay / presentation so perhaps be ready for that..

p.s i actually enjoyed the interviews as they werent the usual crap that every other company do - get down to the nitt gritty!! lol

i interviewed recently and ii had a presentation i had to do. that was annoying...

I must say interviewing with Apple retail store is very different. Its almost like they begin to brainwash you from the get go before you even get the job! It was weird. =/ Call me old fashion but I prefer 1on1 interviews because that is a lot less people to impress. The people did seem pretty cool though.

I thought I did terrible in my interview but despite that I got a call back the same day

Only tip I have is to try to stand out. Its okay to embarrass yourself, but just dont make an ass of yourself. Always maintain eye contact with the managers when you are talked to and when you're talking to them. When you do say something though say it with conviction. That is most important.

Even though I didnt offer me a job yet, thats what usually gets me all my interviews with positive results.
wako is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 02:56 AM   #8
sweetice2007
macrumors 6502

wako ive private messaged you.

im waiting on a reply from apple after another interview.......dnt think it went too well though shmuks il have to apply elsewhere today ... no idea where though all jobs sound boring to me
Old May 26, 2008, 04:33 AM   #9
pac207
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunomacx View Post
Is your seminar in Belfast too?
i got an email inviting me to a recruitment seminar in belfast next week!
pac207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2008, 05:21 AM   #10
shaunomacx
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac207 View Post
i got an email inviting me to a recruitment seminar in belfast next week!
yep same here, not really sure about the way Apple are going to do this. Like most places are formal interview but is this place casual or what? Ive had 3 emails from them about it but little to no details!
Old May 26, 2008, 05:38 AM   #11
sweetice2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
yep same here, not really sure about the way Apple are going to do this. Like most places are formal interview but is this place casual or what? Ive had 3 emails from them about it but little to no details!
seminars are fairly informal theyll prolly ask u things bout u and experince previous to now etc and maybe presentation etc as mentioned above post
Old May 26, 2008, 05:45 AM   #12
shaunomacx
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetice2007 View Post
seminars are fairly informal theyll prolly ask u things bout u and experince previous to now etc and maybe presentation etc as mentioned above post
what exactly do you think the presentation would involve....aside from presenting something of course!
Old May 26, 2008, 06:54 AM   #13
pac207
macrumors newbie

Quote:
what exactly do you think the presentation would involve....aside from presenting something of course!
yea, i have received a couple of emails, but all i know is the time and place. As for presentations, I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that in the past people have been asked to make a group video, and others have been asked to make a poster or something using pages, about themselves.

I have also heard that people have been asked how to present a certain apple product to a particular sector of society, such as a normal customer, teacher or business person.
Old May 26, 2008, 07:02 AM   #14
shaunomacx
macrumors member

Quote:
yea, i have received a couple of emails, but all i know is the time and place. As for presentations, I have been doing a bit of research and it seems that in the past people have been asked to make a group video, and others have been asked to make a poster or something using pages, about themselves.

I have also heard that people have been asked how to present a certain apple product to a particular sector of society, such as a normal customer, teacher or business person.
any idea on the typical yearly salary for these apple jobs? always a factor you'll agree!
Old May 26, 2008, 07:17 AM   #15
pac207
macrumors newbie

Quote:
any idea on the typical yearly salary for these apple jobs? always a factor you'll agree!
I have no idea. i have been trying to find that out myself. i would say its probably about 6/7 an hour. its only retail, so i think it will be a little over the minimum wage.
Old May 26, 2008, 01:55 PM   #16
pac207
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Hmmm, although its only retail it seems to be a job that Apple take very seriously as its their flagship way to sell to the consumer who may not sell much online so I think that its probably a little more
well you never know, and im sure we will soon find out.

i just IM'ed you by the way
Old May 26, 2008, 04:53 PM   #17
00hkelly
macrumors 6502

Quote:
well you never know, and im sure we will soon find out.

i just IM'ed you by the way
They don't discuss salary and stuff like that with you. This is basically your interview to be allowed inside the Apple 'bubble', but be assured you are still outside it until you have accepted the job, and you will be treated as such.

Expect fairly vague information about what the job and what you will be doing. They are generally looking for the right kind of people. As a previous poster said, they can teach you all about macs but they can't teach you how to have the right attitude.etc.
00hkelly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2008, 03:27 AM   #18
sweetice2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00hkelly View Post
They don't discuss salary and stuff like that with you. This is basically your interview to be allowed inside the Apple 'bubble', but be assured you are still outside it until you have accepted the job, and you will be treated as such.

Expect fairly vague information about what the job and what you will be doing. They are generally looking for the right kind of people. As a previous poster said, they can teach you all about macs but they can't teach you how to have the right attitude.etc.
im really pissed at this since the woman said they require people to have product knwoledge aswell as experiance im like wtf man anyone can learn about the producT!!!! i didnt say that lol but i was thinkin it! surely if the person knew EVERYTHING about the products then the job wouldnt be challenging they would get the job get bored and leave - they need to recruite people willing to LEARN and develop!!! argh i dont know.
Old May 29, 2008, 06:46 PM   #19
lurcovq

Hey Guys

Hey Guys, Sry it took me soo long to reply. Yea mines in Belfast too! Wow, maybe there are alot of people going! Bit annoying having to do group things, i like a one-on-one interview haha Sure cya's there!

P.S I dont think we should mention we were on this site lol
Old May 30, 2008, 04:14 PM   #20
shaunomacx
macrumors member

Quote:
Hey Guys, Sry it took me soo long to reply. Yea mines in Belfast too! Wow, maybe there are alot of people going! Bit annoying having to do group things, i like a one-on-one interview haha Sure cya's there!

P.S I dont think we should mention we were on this site lol
You on Monday or Tuesday?
Old May 31, 2008, 02:20 PM   #21
sweetice2007
macrumors 6502

theyre prolly all watching as we type.....big brother is watching u
Old May 31, 2008, 05:18 PM   #22
mat1823
macrumors newbie

I got the same email but ive to go to the place on wednesday
mat1823 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 05:03 AM   #23
shaunomacx
macrumors member

apple seminar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat1823 View Post
I got the same email but ive to go to the place on wednesday
check your pm!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:24 AM   #24
C GULL
macrumors newbie

I will be there tomorrow evening too.
C GULL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:32 AM   #25
jmadlena

I would love to work at an Apple store. Right now that would be the place I want to work the most, but there isn't one close to my university or my house. Whenever I go in I end getting the feeling that I know more about Apple products and Mac OS X than the employees there.

I was helping my friend shop for a notebook for school in September, and I was convincing her to get a MacBook, so we went to the Apple store. I was going down the list of why she should get one instead of a Windows box, when an employee walked over and said "I would ask if you need any help, but I can see you've got it covered."

She bought a MacBook Pro. I felt I should have earned commission
  1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion