Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Command Up will take you to the top of the document, Fn-Up will advance you up one page of the document.

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
:confused: What Mac computer?

I've got a MS keyboard connected to my MacBook Pro; the keyboard has a Home key which jumps me to the top of the page in Firefox.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
The Apple keyboard also has a Home key that takes you up to the top of the page. Works on my iMac. Not everything is about Windows....:cool:

thefastnfurious

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2010
Command+Shift+H

Its really easy. Command+Shift+H. If you go up to "Help" in the safari toolbar, and type in home it will come up.

nselfridge

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
No success for me - Home Key/End Key

I'm working on an excel spreadsheet, and need to find the equivalent to the Home Key and the End Key to bring me to the very first and very last cells.

I tried: fn up arrow and i tried: command up arrow and i tried: shift command up arrow

No success. Any more ideas?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm working on an excel spreadsheet, and need to find the equivalent to the Home Key and the End Key to bring me to the very first and very last cells.

I tried: fn up arrow and i tried: command up arrow and i tried: shift command up arrow

No success. Any more ideas?

Home = control+fn+left arrow
End = control+fn+right arrow

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Not in Excel. fn+left arrow only goes to the beginning of the row, not the first cell in the spreadsheet.

Because the answer isn't there.

That'll teach me not to answer questions about products I don't use. Sorry.

jW

vroosh

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
Found it in Microsoft Mac Office forum

This was from Bob J. over at this link

Using a laptop or other 'condensed' keyboard? If so, in order to get the left arrow key to work as the Home key you need to use the fn key as well, so the stroke would be: fn+Cmd+Left Arrow or fn+Ctrl+Left Arrow - either will work.

The Notes at the top of the Help page JE pointed you to clarify the point that keystroke combinations may vary depending on style of keyboard.

vroosh

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
The post was not answered until I responded

If you took the time to read the thread before resurrecting it, you would see this was answered a year ago.

Sorry GG, I contest your assertion. Using a condensed mac keyboard, none of the options in this post worked for going home. I submitted my post so that others would find a true answer if they stumbled upon this thread.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Sorry GG, I contest your assertion. Using a condensed mac keyboard, none of the options in this post worked for going home. I submitted my post so that others would find a true answer if they stumbled upon this thread.

So CMD+ARROW UP does not work for you? Strange, it worked on all the Macs I tried it with, though I only tried that in the last seven years. Maybe something changed the time-space-continuum somehow. Dammit.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you took the time to read the thread before resurrecting it, you would see this was answered a year ago.
You didn't read carefully enough. Your post:
Using a laptop or other 'condensed' keyboard? If so, in order to get the left arrow key to work as the Home key you need to use the fn key as well, so the stroke would be: fn+Cmd+Left Arrow or fn+Ctrl+Left Arrow - either will work.
Posted August 3, 2010:
Home = control+fn+left arrow
End = control+fn+right arrow

Nov 28, 2010
located
1) where is the fn key on my keyboard?

2) in Excel there is a keyboard shortcut to go to Cell 1 in Row 1, Col 1. Excel does have a keyboard map either in Help or in Tools.

keyboard-FN.png

2. Is that a question or statement? If it is the former, what does "Col 1" mean? Column 1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.