Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logic pro

macrumors member
The original illuminating PowerBook keyboard was built as that. The newer keyboards use masked paint so why are we charged so much or the same money, apple seems to cutting down on quality while reeking profits on products and they do not tell the public about it!

some pictures

Attachments

• MBP1.jpg
    MBP1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 97
  • MBP2.png
    MBP2.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 2,045

surrealhope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Canada
The original illuminating PowerBook keyboard was built as that. The newer keyboards use masked paint so why are we charged so much or the same money, apple seems to cutting down on quality while reeking profits on products and they do not tell the public about it!

some pictures

Oh wow :( I hope Apple warranty/Apple Care covers that. I might consider a palm rest but I'm definitely not covering my keyboard, as they give a weird feeling to touch typing.

logic pro

macrumors member
Internal heat or wear from physical stress?

problem is clear, apple changed the aluminum keys to plastic painted ones like the korean companies they sued for cloning macs, but they never told us yet charges everyone the same for plastic painted keys, i doubt plastic warps.

now apple refuses to cover this outside the US, unless of-course its brought to the BBC's attention like im about to do!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.