Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
I'm ready to buy a patchstick because the whole SSH + plugins method sounds to tedious for a newbie like myself. I think I may order the new ATV4Windows 2.3 stick. I see that it will make me do a factory restore that will put me back to 1.1.

My question is after the hack completes, do I go back into the menu and "Check for updates" and go back to download updates as Apple releases them? Or do I not mess with the new plugin files and stay tied to the hack and update when the hack updates?

omni

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I don't know bout the ATV windows one specifically but when I hacked mine I did factory restore which brought it back to 1.1 then did software update on the appletv to bring it back to 2.02 then i did all the patchstick business.

I hacked mine after 2.02 so I don't know what will happen with 2.03 (or 2.1 or 3.0 or whatever comes out next).

tom1971

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
I'm ready to buy a patchstick because the whole SSH + plugins method sounds to tedious for a newbie like myself. I think I may order the new ATV4Windows 2.3 stick. I see that it will make me do a factory restore that will put me back to 1.1.

My question is after the hack completes, do I go back into the menu and "Check for updates" and go back to download updates as Apple releases them? Or do I not mess with the new plugin files and stay tied to the hack and update when the hack updates?

Do not update ! Otherwise you will lose your hack / patch !
You just stick to what is provided through the hack.

Cheers,

Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.