Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jesuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
I have a bricked AppleTV HDD and need to be reconstructed from scratch. Now I have only OSBoot image from internet. I can get all of my partition working, but only the recovery partition missing. I don't know what to do to get it back.

The big problem is I'm running Leopard which make it impossible to do anything in Terminal, since most of the instructions are in Tiger.

Any idea guys?

Jesuz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
I just want to upgrade my HD so I bought the new HD, but something happen to my original HD, I couldn't get original image from old HD.

I found BootOS.dmg on the internet, so I partitioned new HD and put the BootOS.dmg back in AppleTV. It works except that I don't have recovery partition, so I can't do the factory restore.

Please help:(

russelljtdyer

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2005
need BootOS.dmg

Where did you find the BootOS.dmg? Can you provide a link or send me a copy? Either than or do you know where I can get a copy of an AppleTV.img? My old drive was trashed and can't find the installation software to install the new drive.

Cave Man

macrumors 604
I just want to upgrade my HD so I bought the new HD, but something happen to my original HD, I couldn't get original image from old HD.

What do you mean by "something happen(ed) to" your original drive?

I found BootOS.dmg on the internet, so I partitioned new HD and put the BootOS.dmg back in AppleTV. It works except that I don't have recovery partition, so I can't do the factory restore.

How did you get a bootable ATV drive by using the OSBoot.dmg image?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.