Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
I get no reception in my Northern Atlanta town. I view many TV shows via Joost and the various networks on my MacBook. My house is wired with highspeed Internet via Airport Extreme and Comcast. I use my :apple:TV for streaming ripped movies, music and podcast off my MacPro.

I came accross this while surfing. I would love Apple to permit me to view Joost in the same vein as Youtube on my :apple:TV.

http://www.joostteam.com/2007/03/27/joost-successfully-run-on-apple-tv/

tom1971

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Hi,

this hack does not really work very well/ flawlessly.
It only runs on ATV version 1.0

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
That blows. Maybe they will set something up with the current version. As always, I want apple to work on a solution, I never hack but love to see what is possible. After a year they should have a more stable set-up but I have not been able to find anything.

tom1971

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
That blows. Maybe they will set something up with the current version. As always, I want apple to work on a solution, I never hack but love to see what is possible. After a year they should have a more stable set-up but I have not been able to find anything.

Apple has no interest to invest money in order for potential competitors to use their platform.
Development would be triggered from the Joost side rather than from Apple.
And btw: Hacking is sooo much fun.... :D

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
I personally would love to see an SDK for the atv. Imagine the possibilities if Apple allows third party software. TV shows on demand, live TV (without the cable bill)... Hacking is fun, but it sucks having to do it all over again with every update. I can't tell you how many times I've enabled SSH...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.