Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crotalus99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

I have begun putting my tv shows into iTunes. Everything is fine there I believe, but when it shows up on atv they are listed in reverse order for the series (i.e. 12, 11, 10, .. etc).

Any idea how the fix this?

thanks

rick6502

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2006
It bugs me also.

Hi,

I have begun putting my tv shows into iTunes. Everything is fine there I believe, but when it shows up on atv they are listed in reverse order for the series (i.e. 12, 11, 10, .. etc).

thanks

I haven't found a way yet, but really I don't notice it anymore. It's all in your perspective of the way things should be sorted. New things are at the top, old things at the bottom. It does make a certain kind of sense if you had watched them all and were waiting for a new episode to arrive.

crotalus99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks,

You saved me hours trying to fix it. I guess your right about it, just when you do a whole season at once it looks wrong..

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Hi,

thanks

This is one of my small complaints about the :apple:TV. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to "fix" this (because it is working the way it was designed to work) unless you want to number the episodes incorrectly. For example you could number them in reverse order then they would show up in the "correct" order. Hopefully Apple will eventually give us the option to sort TV episodes the way we want.

Regards,
Michael

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
I can't work out how the Apple TV sorts shows, Dr. Who, that I recorded via EyeTV shows in the correct order on both Apple TV and iTunes, but 24, bought off itiunes, shows reverse on Apple TV and correct on itunes. Have looked at the sorting tab, but can't figure that out either....

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Under Video on the Get info section, I put episode ID and # as the 1 for example for the first episode. I have Dexter and it sorts this correctly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.