Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Hi,
I'm going to buy an unlocked 16 Gb Iphone and I would like to know whether it will work in Italy or if I will have any kind of problem.
Does anybody know any thing about it?
Thanks for helping.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
If it is unlocked then you won't have any problems just buy a SIM card when you get there, I'd probably test to make sure it is unlocked before you get there though.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Yes it does, but remember that international charges are killer on the iPhone.

And if you mean use a different SIM, then you'll need to wait for it to be unlocked of course.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
by the sound of your english you are an italian.

so you cant get a 16gb iPhone coz the 2g versions are no longer available which could be purchased off shelf and activted in home... however now you would have to enter a contract in the usa which you wouldnt do coz you live in italy.

teh iphone is being launched in italy too so just buy one..

serae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
by the sound of your english you are an italian.

so you cant get a 16gb iPhone coz the 2g versions are no longer available which could be purchased off shelf and activted in home... however now you would have to enter a contract in the usa which you wouldnt do coz you live in italy.

teh iphone is being launched in italy too so just buy one..

Not the 16gb version...

I know that if a cellphone is unlocked the it works outside US, but I was not sure about the Iphone.
And what does "international charges are killer on the iPhone" mean?

Thanks you all for helping out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.