Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Does anyone know where/how/if I can get a few replacement keycaps for the Thin Aluminum iMac keyboard? Would Apple be able to sell me some? Is there a place where I can buy broken keyboards? Anything? :confused:
I don't want to have to rebuy the keyboard. Thanks.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I just went to my local Apple Service Provider, when a key broke off my iBook keyboard. They didn't have a spare iBook key, but they gave me the right key from an old, spare PowerBook keyboard they had lying around.

That's the "silver tooth" of my iBook... :D

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Does anyone know where/how/if I can get a few replacement keycaps for the Thin Aluminum iMac keyboard? Would Apple be able to sell me some? Is there a place where I can buy broken keyboards? Anything? :confused:
I don't want to have to rebuy the keyboard. Thanks.

Apple sells the all the spare keys for the new aluminum keyboard in a kit that you can find on the Apple Store here. They actually have a smaller kit with fewer keys also for if you don't need all the keys that the larger kit has and you can find it here. :D

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Apple sells the all the spare keys for the new aluminum keyboard in a kit that you can find on the Apple Store here. They actually have a smaller kit with fewer keys also for if you don't need all the keys that the larger kit has and you can find it here. :D

That's pretty funny. You almost had me.

To the OP: Ask the Apple store if they have a busted keyboard or system going back to the warehouse that you could pull a key off. If they're dicks about it, then just gank one off a floor display and give 'em the finger on the way out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.