Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Are there any good sites out there that offer free mp3 ringtones that can easily be opened in Garage Band and imported as a ringtone in iTunes? Thanks.

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
Are there any good sites out there that offer free mp3 ringtones that can easily be opened in Garage Band and imported as a ringtone in iTunes? Thanks.

Can't you open any mp3 file in Garage Band and CREATE your own ringtone?

Or are you asking for sites that have free music downloads? I believe that is a violation of the forum rules.

metman787

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2007
I found the site http://myxer.com which lets you make your own tones or download other tones just for your iphone all you have to do is download it and drag it to itunes. I think its pretty cool and it is free.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
I have tried this and I can't figure it out. Is it any music file or song I have in iTunes?

GarageBand, not iTunes. Make a new music project in GarageBand, import the audio of your choice (in this case an MP3) in a new track, edit it however you want, then from the Share menu, choose "Send Ringtone to iTunes"

citron230

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
GarageBand, not iTunes. Make a new music project in GarageBand, import the audio of your choice (in this case an MP3) in a new track, edit it however you want, then from the Share menu, choose "Send Ringtone to iTunes"

Thank you so much I will give that a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.