Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewie109

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
Iowa
Hi There

Today I did a hard drive swap with my broken Powerbook g4 and iBook g4. The screen is bad on my powerbook and it just sits and the hard drive was good, so I thought why not put the drive in to my iBook. It has a 100 gb hard drive and my iBook has a 30 and I had like 1 gb of memory left so I couldn't hardly install or put anything large on it. I have made sure that I have everything connected correctly again. I have replaced my hard drives before. My iBook runs Tiger and my PowerBook did too. But now when I shut the screen on my iBook, It don't go to sleep (it did with the old hard drive), the screen doesn't even go dark. It will sleep if I select sleep from the Apple Menu. It will also sleep after 15 minutes because that is what the energy settings are set at. I tried resetting the PRAM also and a no go. The hard drive hasn't been restored or anything. Do I just need to wipe it out?

Thank you!
Darrin

P.S. Have a happy and safe 4th of July! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.