Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneakymcsneak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
there is no uninstall option and i don't want the icon there if i'm not going to use it. thanks.

cHIwAwITa

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
The Solution

To uninstall right click or ctrl click the "MediaLink" icon in "System Preferences" and select "Remove 'MediaLink' Preference Pane".

peteda

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
medialink

just shut your computer off and it will go away. you probably already figured that out by now though.

I guess shutting down and turning back on a million times would count as (just shut your computer off and it will go away). Well it is still there. funny thing is when you click on it the drop down menu still appears as normal but the functions aren't there.

So if any one knows a for sure way to get rid of this silly annoying thing, please help.

----------

I guess shutting down and turning back on a million times would count as (just shut your computer off and it will go away). Well it is still there. funny thing is when you click on it the drop down menu still appears as normal but the functions aren't there.

So if any one knows a for sure way to get rid of this silly annoying thing, please help.

To uninstall right click or control + click the "MediaLink" icon in "System Preferences" and select "Remove 'MediaLink' Preference Pane".

An alternative method is to uninstall it manually using the Finder:

Remove all copies of MediaLink.prefPane from /Library/PreferencePanes
Remove all copies of MediaLink.prefPane from /Users/yourusername/Library/PreferencePanes
Empty the Trash using Finder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.