Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amcan12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I don't know about firmware 2.0 but on all previous versions we had limited space available for 3-rd party apps and we had to use BossTools to move apps to the Media folder.

How it is now with 2.0? Any limitations of space available for apps?

sseelman

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
I don't know about firmware 2.0 but on all previous versions we had limited space available for 3-rd party apps and we had to use BossTools to move apps to the Media folder.

How it is now with 2.0? Any limitations of space available for apps?

In quickly looking at the App Store via iTunes this morning, it appears that many apps are only 1 MB or less. Yes, you read that correctly - less than 1 MegaByte. Super Monkey Ball was much larger, but still only 35 MB. A number of other graphic-heavy games seem to range from a few MB's to 50 some MB.

In other words - a 16 GB iPod touch or iPhone should be able to handle dozens or more games and apps with no issue. I suppose apps may get more bloated as more features get added, but that is pretty standard.

Hope this helps.

amcan12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for reply, but you didn't read my question - all pre-2.0 firmware versions have a limit of total of ~300 MB for all applications.

Is there any limit for apps on 2.0?

yvonnejim

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
App Limit

Didn't Apple say the limit for Apps was 2GB?

Doesn't seem like there should be a limit, only limited by the total memory of your iPhone. It would be like Apple saying your music limit is 2GB, for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.