Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sublyme2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
This is another bug. When the data connection is "hot", incoming calls will not be answered, but go on "ringing" until it hits voice-mail.

Therefore, the "push" email function is likely to cause one to lose many incoming calls since the data connection is constantly poled.

I also noticed a significant battery-drainage as compared to the 1.1.4 firmware, probably due to the "push" feature.

This is with the leaked 2.0 firmware that I installed yesterday. Anyone else having this problem?

Peabody

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Portland, OR
This is another bug. When the data connection is "hot", incoming calls will not be answered, but go on "ringing" until it hits voice-mail.

Therefore, the "push" email function is likely to cause one to lose many incoming calls since the data connection is constantly poled.

I also noticed a significant battery-drainage as compared to the 1.1.4 firmware, probably due to the "push" feature.

This is with the leaked 2.0 firmware that I installed yesterday. Anyone else having this problem?

Not a bug. It's a "feature" of the EDGE networking. If the phone is using the EDGE network it cannot receive calls at all.

Push on the other hand doesn't "constantly poll" the servers. The EDGE connection will only activate when it get's a ping from the server side saying "new email" or "updated calendar item" or whatever...

3G will cure the issue...for a mere $199. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.