Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
OK. Finally got my phone back. Has new software on it. But now won't sync. When I hook it up says "an error occured while restoring this phone (-1426)". I have also gotten a "can't find the restore file" or something like that. I backed up before I downloaded 2.0. All my contacts are on the phone, but I don't have any music.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Any thoughts? Says the required file to restore not found. Everything on my phone works except no music. Should I tell it to delete back up or continue restore?

Gondry

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
London
same here, just happy the phone works again after a nervy hour of clicking the itunes tabs.

i like the new apps though.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
I think most of us are having problems syncing. I havent received those messages that you have, but a lot of us are getting the time out errors, so no need to hurry LOL

cafeaulait4u

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Getting the same error message

OK. Finally got my phone back. Has new software on it. But now won't sync. When I hook it up says "an error occured while restoring this phone (-1426)". I have also gotten a "can't find the restore file" or something like that. I backed up before I downloaded 2.0. All my contacts are on the phone, but I don't have any music.

After being stuck for 4 hours in accessing store mode and emergency call only I have the new apps but can't get the phone to sync. No music, no photos, no nothing on the ipod part of the phone. :(

jaswaters

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
Any thoughts? Says the required file to restore not found. Everything on my phone works except no music. Should I tell it to delete back up or continue restore?

I decided to delete backup. I recommend that you do it. You just have to sync your songs/photos manually afterward, which isn't a big deal.

kokesh

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
i have the same 1426 error. I don't have a problem with clicking "delete backup" and manually syncing back my photos, videos, music, but my concern is that the dialog that says "cannot sync iphone, can't find file" will still pop up even after i delete it. what do you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.