Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I had to go back to the apple store this afternoon to snatch one of the last griffin wave cases they had (unfortunately in white, I wanted a black one) after seeing small scratches on the back of the phone already (16gb black).

I'm pretty happy with it. The screen protector sucks, but I was counting on that and will probably get an Zagg IS for the front.

Lizzylicious

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Ghost Armor

So I just got Ghost Armor for my new Iphone today. The At&t guy said that it was the best accessory for it and now its so pretty and it will never get scratched :) everyone in here is talking about invisibileshield?? I just dont get how it gets better than ghost armor? It is totally clear, doesnt affect my touch, doesnt scratch, lifetime warranty, covers my whole phone except side buttons, and the guys at the store were sooooooo cute :) lol ignore that last part. But does anyone know which one is truley better cause that would be interesting if its possible to be better than Ghost Armor. MrGiggles says ghost armor is #1 well that makes me feel good :) well does anyone else know if there is anything better? just curious thxxx

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
Pink Cases

Here I go again. :)

OK, I had ordered the Sena 3G Ultra Slim Pouch in Pink and received it before the 11th. Once I actually got my phone yesterday, though, and inserted it, I had some problems. Way too tight both on and off. The site shows how to remove the phone from the case--if only it were that easy. I was having to put a lot of pressure on it, and I almost dropped it once! :eek: I looked at the box and invoice this morning, and the invoice clearly says 3G, but the box the case came in says 3G nowhere. I think they sent me the old case! :rolleyes: So that'll be returned. Oh, well. The pink wasn't as bright in real life as it was online.

I have been toying with ordering a Vaja case, which seem really nice, but I think the flaps on the models they have out right now would bug me. The carnation pink leather is nice, though, and I love the stripe on the SP.

The Griffin Elan Form in Pink would have been a no-brainer for me, except that the trim is brown. I think that would look awful with the black screen, so that's a no-go. Other than the issue with the brown is looks fantastic. If only they had used grey or tone-on-tone pink. The fools.

Then I found the Incipio Orion Sleeve Case in Pink. It's very slim, like the Sena, but the color is more vibrant and it also has an "EasyReach" tab system to make getting it out easy. I was sold, and ordered it this morning. I hope it gets here soon.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm considering the Belkin clear acrylic case. My local AT&T store told me they'd have them opening day, but they didn't, so I have yet to try one.

FUL1_F8Z329.jpg

Jollins

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2006
Are there any simple, black silicone cases for the 3g iphone available now? Something like the Marware sport grip for the edge iphone, except for 3g of course. I keep finding stuff that is close, but it'll have crazy texturing or stripes or something upon closer inspection.

Edit: marware just released the 3g sportgrip. It's exactly what I was looking for.

0wen

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Try your local Best Buy. I saw a few 3G cases yesterday that looked similar to the Sport Grip case you linked.

BackFocus

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
PA
Are there any simple, black silicone cases for the 3g iphone available now? Something like the Marware sport grip for the edge iphone, except for 3g of course. I keep finding stuff that is close, but it'll have crazy texturing or stripes or something upon closer inspection.

yeah, i broke down and got one of these at the apple store

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459830#

its nice, but I'd love to have a simple, solid black one. This will do the trick till i find one. went naked for most of the year on my previous phone...only to dent it a week before the 3g came out. Case this time.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006

No I like it a lot too, I think It looks good, and it fits really tight, I want to get it, but I am going to wait to see if my apple store gets it in first, or when it becomes ships 24 hours from Apple online store, because now it ships in 1-2 weeks...Its bizarre that its not even on the contour website

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
i have a sena elega case/pouch/holster whatever you wanna call it

fits the iphone very sunggly. clip is strong

1180-EPIB.w304xh450.jpg

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
on of my friends bought two of those for the older iphone. both of the stands broke. so i would advise against it

Im almost certain that the flick isnt a stand, its all rubber, or silicone, I think its just showing you how you can peel back the bottom on that one picture where its vertical, not showing that you can use it as a stand

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
I bought the Waterfield Designs suede jacket. So far I'm loving it! It's like the suede sleeves that came with the older gen iPods. I just wanted something simple to protect it from scratches and it does just that! I got the one with the pocket too.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/images/iphone-suede-upside-md.jpg

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

I just ordered one of these today (with the pocket). Waterfield Designs makes incredible products and I was very happy to see that they had exactly what I was looking for; a soft sleeve to hold the iPhone while in my pocket.

creeman

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Which one??

Should i get invisibleSHIELD or ghost armor? Which one do you guys think is better??

billyripkin

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Chicago
Agent 18 Shield Clear Case

Just got back from the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and have pics of the Agent 18 Clear case. I went with this one because it can dock in the universal dock using the supplied dock adapter and still shows off my white beauty.:p

Attachments

• DSC03235.JPG
    DSC03235.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC03236.JPG
    DSC03236.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC03237.JPG
    DSC03237.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC03238.JPG
    DSC03238.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC03239.JPG
    DSC03239.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 158

the_wallcrawler

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2003
billyripken, thanks for the pictures. I'm a fan of the Agent18 cases and have been looking for some good pictures of the clear 3G one.

Question - how do you put the phone in? The last iPhone case split in two horizontally but I dont see a horizontal seem in your picture.

DaveWonders

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
I like that contour flick case except that flimsy as $!@# looking bottom cap. I suggest those who like that to wait for InCase to release the slider for 3G. I loved mine for my first gen phone. Looks exactly the same except the bottom piece just slides off...no breakable pieces.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
i have a sena elega case/pouch/holster whatever you wanna call it

fits the iphone very sunggly. clip is strong

http://www.handhelditems.com/img/1903/1180-EPIB.w304xh450.jpg

Can the belt clip be removed? I was looking for another Sena case. I have an ultra slim pouch for my original iPhone. It was great. After 2 months or so of use the pouch really stretched out and led to one of my worst drops where I dented my phone pretty bad. I still use it, but I can literally put the stock headphones with belkin cord tie thingy in the pouch with the phone. I might check out the Vaja classic retro slim bag this time around. The Elga looks promising but I want something for my pocket and I can't tell if that clip would cause a problem.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Here I go again. :)

OK, I had ordered the Sena 3G Ultra Slim Pouch in Pink and received it before the 11th. Once I actually got my phone yesterday, though, and inserted it, I had some problems. Way too tight both on and off. The site shows how to remove the phone from the case--if only it were that easy. I was having to put a lot of pressure on it, and I almost dropped it once! :eek: I looked at the box and invoice this morning, and the invoice clearly says 3G, but the box the case came in says 3G nowhere. I think they sent me the old case! :rolleyes: So that'll be returned. Oh, well. The pink wasn't as bright in real life as it was online.

I am still a little confused on all the Sena products. Something tells me that they are trying to pass off the original iPhone products as working for both. I'm betting they meant to send you a 2G case and that's why it is tighter. If you look on the apple site it claims compatibility with both which is a little sketchy. (link)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.