Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celebi23

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2004
CT
Miss the old .Mac logo & related graphics like I do? Well, I luckily backed up all of them before updating. I opened the leaked MobileMe update in Pacifist & saw what was going to be changed. (Mods, let me know if this violates some forum rules at all, don't think it does though)

As a warning, I'm not responsible for any possible damage that this replacement might cause (don't see any chance of anything bad happening but, whatever).

Place the contents of "Prefpane graphics.zip" into:
System/Library/PreferencePanes/Mac.prefPane/Resources

Place the contents of "AOS Graphics.zip" into:
System/Library/CoreServices/AOS.bundle/Resources

"UpdateNotificationAlertGraphic.tiff" will still be a MobileMe icon. There was none for .Mac

Place the contents of "CoreTypes Graphics.zip" into:
System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Resources

Besides the one exception stated above, all graphics should be able to be replaced. Logout/ Restart & that shiny blue orb should be back where it belongs :)

Note: this is just a GRAPHICAL replacement. Attempting to do a full-on string replacement (to bring back all references to .Mac) would cause problems with other apps unfortunately. Hope this replacement process does help though :D

Attachments

• Prefpane graphics.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 126
  • AOS Graphics.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 149
  • CoreTypes Graphics.zip
    490.2 KB · Views: 123

dannyprout

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
Works great, thanks :D I think the new drive would have looked much better if it was blue instead of purple (just my personal opinion!) but whatever the old icon rocked! Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.