Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
Ghost Armor shows the same exact texture Invisible shield and the others have. There's a picture here somewhere.

I call BS and BS on all the newbie first time posters asking about and citing the glories of Ghost Armor - A Company most everyone here has never ever heard about before!

True that, I just ordered the invisible shield today.
Check out Ghost Armor's piece of ***** website vs. Invisible Shield's excellent one, I'm sticking with the one people know.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
i ordered the invisible shield last week , now after reading alto of reviews, im a little skeptical.... the ghost armor sounds like the right choice.... does anyone else have experience with the invisible shield?

yeah, a whole bunch of people, but no one has experience with ''ghost armor'' except a whole bunch of people that just joined this forum within the past couple weeks, and all they do is pimp their ''superior'' ghost armor crap, I just stuck with the tried and true Invisible Shield.

schubes

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
British Columbia
Picked up a Griffin Elan Form (black) from the local BestBuy today. They only had one left in stock. I'm liking the case so far. Being able to remove the bottom to dock is an awesome feature. Has a tight fit also. Thumbs up!

I like the look of that one but I'm leaning towards http://www.store.apple.com/us/product/TS556LL/A?fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5MzUwMQ&p=2&s=topSellers - Its more or less the same but without the detachable bottom for docking. I'm fine with having to take it off to dock - seems like the one-piece would be more durable and protective

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
I like the look of that one but I'm leaning towards http://www.store.apple.com/us/product/TS556LL/A?fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5MzUwMQ&p=2&s=topSellers - Its more or less the same but without the detachable bottom for docking. I'm fine with having to take it off to dock - seems like the one-piece would be more durable and protective

I like how the Belkin Leather one has the 'soft interior'
I don't want any Plastic on plastic going on, if I get a case it must have a soft interior

Kepesk

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
I have an otterbox too for my first gen, and I highly recommend it, especially if you do a lot of outdoors activities. I've dropped it in a pond (while listening to it), sat on it, and my dog has stolen it, and my phone doesn't have so much as a scratch. That case is freaking tough. And I don't even have the full waterproof model.

They were supposed to put out their 3G version on Friday, but it seems to be delayed. In my case, that's alright, because my new phone is delayed as well. Can't wait for both, though.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Since I got my iPhone in the mail today (a full two to three days before I expected it :D), I decided to pick up something to protect it before I activated it. I got one of these http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=457217 (black and red) as a temporary case, since it was the only case I could find, and I'm thinking of getting the Naked Case (so the 4-6 week wait won't be as bad). But the more I use this one the more I'm beginning to like it. I just don't like how the screen protector that came with it is just that. A screen protector. Doesn't cover the areas around the earpiece or the click button. I might just spring for the Naked Case anyway and see if I like that one better. btw, if I get the Naked Case and keep the screen protector on, would the edges of the screen protector scratch the surface of the iPhone?

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I think all these sleeves and crystal cases will end up scratching the heck out of the chrome. Perhaps the best thing is keeping it naked and getting a holster type holder Apple socks?? and adding power crystal screen cover should do the job.

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Ghost Armor shows the same exact texture Invisible shield and the others have. There's a picture here somewhere.

I call BS and BS on all the newbie first time posters asking about and citing the glories of Ghost Armor - A Company most everyone here has never ever heard about before!
I have no affiliation with IS or ghost-armor and I have no reason to promote either one, I'm just looking for a good film for my phone.

Based solely on the pictures I've seen online, the invisible shield appears to have much more orange peel than the ghost-armor. I'll know for sure when I get the ghost-armor in, but the one thing I do know for sure is that the IS DOES have alot of orange peel, and that look is not for me, personally. If the ghost-armor turns out to have as much orange peel then I'll be taking it straight off.

From these pictures, however, I can't see as much orange peel as in a number of IS photos I've seen, such as these:

IS: http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/orange001.jpg and http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/orange002.jpg (from http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/2008/03/07/review-full-body-invisibleshield-for-iphone/).

vs

Ghost armor - http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124451&d=1216007455 and http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124452&d=1216007455 and http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=124449&d=1216007455 (from https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/499639/).

I do wish there was a full on shot of the screen of the phone with ghost-armor, but from every angle that there is a shot from, I really can't see any significant orange peel. Just a little bit of texture, but not peely. The back of the 3g phone with ghost-armor looks nearly perfect, but I guess it could be just because it's mostly black and not reflecting much. Anyway, as long as the back looks as good in person, I figure the worst case scenario, I'll leave the ghost armor on the back for that awesome look, and use a power support crystal film on the front for clarity.

I'm not like a super advocate of ghost-armor or anything, I just know for sure that I don't want invisible shield based on the pictures I've seen online, and I like the idea of a skin, so I figured I'd give ghost-armor a shot. When I get it on, I'll give a quick review and snap some more photos so everyone can judge better for themselves.

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
Well I know that my Ghost Armor order has been sent out now, so it is on the way. I will look forward to giving people my thoughts on it when it arrives.

Also, I have been in contact with the Ghost Armor people and have reported that it seems like some of their employees are on these boards shamelessly doing false-advertising etc, and I have given the person the links to 2 of the threads that they have been posting in. They seem like they want to stop those posters from doing it (if infact they are their staff). So they said they would look into it (and they sounded genuine). So hopefully these stupid posts will stop and we can then get good feedback about Ghost Armor.

Anyway, it will take a few more days at least for me to get my order (im in Australia, and I think it was sent out 2 days ago from USA).

Stay tuned from me...

Cheers,
Chris :)

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
PJ Rage the pics of Ghost Armor on the 3g iPhone CLEARLY show the texture. Look in the reflection of the light. Looks just like my skin on my air.

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
PJ Rage the pics of Ghost Armor on the 3g iPhone CLEARLY show the texture. Look in the reflection of the light. Looks just like my skin on my air.

It is a hard picture to really see how bad it is, but it doesn't look as bad as the InvisibleSHIELD pictures.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Meagain all you do is smack talk ghost armor. I'm starting to think you work for IS. Be open minded and life might be more interesting. IS was the original other companies have popped up and made there concept better which is the nature with any good idea. Who came first? Microsoft or Apple ? And now look who is on top. All I'm saying is try new things. You know I'm all for GA. I didn't like IS that was my own experience. I do agree IS website is very cool. No doubts there. But seriously you smack talk all day over something you've never used. Anyway I did a little more research into cases and I have a new one for you guys look into otterbox. It makes the phone waterproof! I think this might be cooler then any film. Except its bulky but still texting underwater with your Iphone!? Haha just imagine. go here to check it out http://www.otterbox.com

All I do is smack talk Ghost Armor? I never did. Not once. I'm smack talking you and your buddies that come here singing the praises of this product. You don't even apparently HAVE a 3g phone. Maybe not even a 2g phone! You claim extensive reviews, which we see you did yourself. Not ONE SINGLE Picture do you post. I smack talk Ghost "all day"? LOL

I have Invisible Shield for my MacBook Air. I have Power Support Crystal Shield for my 2g iPhone screen - and I'll never use another product for the screen on anything because it's the best. Period. For my 3g back, I have Invisible Shield, Bodyguardz, and BestSkinsEver. I'm done buying shields and not ordering your product. Mostly because of you & your pals.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Higgals - It's just too hard to tell. I've seen phones here with IS that appeared smooth as silk.

I personally wouldn't put 'any' of these products on the screen.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
Like everyone else, I'm in the market for a case/protection for my new iphone 3g.

I've ordered the ghost-armor based on some reviews here and on some blackberry forums. I liked the pictures posted here. There isn't nearly as much orange peel or noticeable texture as the invisible shield. That orange peel would drive me absolutely nuts, but maybe I'm just more sensitive to it. Some people probably don't really even notice it - just like they don't on their car's paint.

I'm thinking about getting a rubberized case also for times when I'll be in situations where I feel I have a higher chance of dropping it (working out, etc). I'm hoping there are some good options here that will fit over the ghost-armor. The "Incase Protective Cover" (http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...ssories/cases&mco=MTI5OTQ3OQ&p=1&s=topSellers) from the apple store looks pretty good to me, but I'll have to check it out closer at the store.

Just an FYI for everyone too - while I'm waiting for my ghost-armor to arrive, I found that my oakley sunglasses soft case (the silk feeling one) fits my iphone rather perfectly. Makes me feel better about having it in my pocket at least until I get my hands on a "real" case. So if anyone is nervous while case shopping, you might already have an oakley (or another soft sunglasses case) on hand that you can use in the mean time.

I'll let you guys know how the ghost armor works out after I get it. I'm thinking that if the screen portion doesn't work out well for me, I'll probably take that part off and go with the Power Support Crystal Film. Or if the whole thing sucks, I'll try the BSE next.

the oakley sleeve is really wide enough? do you have any pics?

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
the oakley sleeve is really wide enough? do you have any pics?

I just checked my phone with my oakley sleeve, and the oakley sleeve is heaps bigger than the phone. I had no problem getting my phone in and out.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
But the problem is that I know it will get scratched if I don't put something on my screen

Seriously, I strongly recommend the Power Support Crystal Shield from Apple. Or Power Support directly. I think the anti-glare version has more texture? But if you search on it, you'll find good reviews. I cannot tell the difference between it and the glass. No lie. There are reviews at iLounge also.
No I don't work for them either. :)

ASN21

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
You know you are a nerd when you argue over which protective film is the best. Jesus people...I got BSE because it was $8 shipped. They are all 95% the same.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Last year I bought my first (original) iPhone on Launch Day. I bought a case for it at that time, then later bought a couple of others. None of these involved using anything which would cover the iPhone's touch screen. A year and a few weeks later, I look at that same touch screen and see no scratches, no evidence of any sort of damage, even though I've carried that iPhone with me everywhere, stashed in pockets, stashed in purses..... The tempered glass used on that thing is pretty impervious to damage. The rest of the iPhone's body also shows no damage, even after a year-and-something's daily use.

So I buy the new 3G iPhone and I look at all the cases available on Launch Day in the Apple store.... I come home with a Griffin "Wave." It didn't take me long to figure out that I was NOT going to use the protective plastic bit meant to go over my iPhone's screen.

The LAST thing I would ever do is to put some sort of more-or-less permanent stick-on film "protective" covering all over my iPhone (or, for that matter, all over my MBA, which remains as gloriously naked as the day I brought it home and began using it).

Apple designs these gorgeous products to be enjoyed not only visually but in a tactile way as well.... why on earth spoil that?

chicitypapi

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
im trying to get find a good clear acryrlic case does anyone have one yet for their 3G...im inbetween the agent 18 and belkin.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
I have the Belkin case because it was the best one they had at the Apple Store when I bought my phone, but as the review on Apple's site notes, it's really difficult to get the phone out of the case once it's in there. It also sits a little funny towards the bottom, like there's too much room there.

It'll do until I can get another case.

HappygoLucky

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Ghost Armor does not suck!!

Ok so I was online and googled ghost armor to show my buddies how cool this stuff is and the second thing i see on google is ghost armor sucks???? I think not!! I will be quick to jump to there defense because I have had it on my Ipod Touch 16Gb for 4 Months and it is brand spankin new! Here are some pics of it. I dont understand how you could possibly hate on this product? I absolutley love it!

Attachments

• Ghost Armor Itouch #1.JPG
    Ghost Armor Itouch #1.JPG
    697.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Ghost Armor Itouch #2.JPG
    Ghost Armor Itouch #2.JPG
    653.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Ghost Armor Itouch #3.JPG
    Ghost Armor Itouch #3.JPG
    646.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Ghost Armor Itouch #4.JPG
    Ghost Armor Itouch #4.JPG
    740.7 KB · Views: 157

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I think IS is the best. I have tried BG and BSE. Remember guys, you get what you pay for.

I cannot comment on Ghost.

Anyway, having said that, I am going to get 3 or 4 BSE back covers and will use Power Support for the front. For me, this seems to be the best solution. Here is why...

I just installed an IS today, and boy am I glad i ordered 2. I was trying to be careful and dropped the darn thing. It landed on my shirt and picked up some lint that I couldn't get off. Damn. So I now am at the point of wanting several less expensive skins that can be replaced when needed. This is especially true for me, since I have a white iPhone. I used IS on my white Touch (HTC with VZW). Eventually, dirt shows on the edges of the skin. Looks bad on white.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.