Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daggett2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
hi
i want to uninstall Soundflower...
The Sunflower package says:
"From an account with administrator privileges, double-click on
the Uninstall_Soundflower.command file."

But i don't see that anywhere in what i downloaded.

And I don't see any app installed that I could drag on to CleanApp.

Also I'm not that comfortable using terminal. (terrified actually)

tnx in advance

msim20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
were you able to remove soundflower from sound preferences?
i am not able to do so - even after using the provided uninstall script.

---

update: I restarted my Mac and it worked. So pl ignore the question.

I was just looking for the same answer, anyone? How do you remove "Soundflower" from your sound preferences?

Joe De Livera

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
I have followed the instructions to uninstall Soundflower 2ch and 16ch using Airfoil but have not succeeded so far.

I also wish to uninstall BoomDevice all of which I had on my old MacBook Pro which is 5 years old.

I am now using a MacBook Pro 4 Core and did not do a clean install and am now paying for not doing so as I have to uninstall apps piecemeal.

Can someone please help me?

Joe De Livera
Colombo

sprale

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Republic of Texas
Here is my issue. I have a Mac Mini running audio over HDMI to the TV. Seems to work well, until recently. Some movie downloads play loud static noise instead of the audio. When I go to the sound prefs, I see that instead of SHARP HDMI (as it should be below), the prefs default to anything else but. I am trying to get it working in XBMC, but even in VLC the audio is screwed up. I have tried to uninstall Soundflower, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Anyone else have any thoughts?

scaled.php

edit: the issue with the audio was a setting in XBMC. All is well now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.