Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:15 PM   #1
.Chris
Banned

Mystery icon in ipod touch

This happens not to often but sometimes if I'm listen to music or watching a movie and I swipe my finger a certain way on the screen I get the apple volume icon.

it would take me forever to find a way to get it back and snap a pic so heres a image from google.

Ignore the mac OSX 10.1 in the background. I'm talking about the volume control icon

anyone know why this happens?
.Chris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:17 PM   #2
upsguy27
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to upsguy27 Send a message via MSN to upsguy27 Send a message via Skype™ to upsguy27
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=526603
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=526618
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:17 PM   #3
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

yes, it's because apple is lazy. This glitch has existed since the iPod touch was first introduced. What firmware are you running? anyway it's just a left over icon from the iPhone (this appears when you adjust volume using the buttons on the side of the phone) and a glitch in the iPod brings it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	125445  
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:19 PM   #4
upsguy27
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to upsguy27 Send a message via MSN to upsguy27 Send a message via Skype™ to upsguy27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluffjimmy View Post
yes, it's because apple is lazy. This glitch has existed since the iPod touch was first introduced. What firmware are you running? anyway it's just a left over icon from the iPhone (this appears when you adjust volume using the buttons on the side of the phone) and a glitch in the iPod brings it up.
Not a glitch, and it's not leftover, It's for when the iPod is connected to the Universal Dock and when you use the remote to change the volume that comes up.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:24 PM   #5
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsguy27 View Post
Not a glitch, and it's not leftover, It's for when the iPod is connected to the Universal Dock and when you use the remote to change the volume that comes up.
Well that may be true, but you can bring it up through a glitch. If you double tap the home button and you adjust the volume and continue to move the volume control, then tap the home button or the close button often times that graphic appears. That's what I did to get that attached picture.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:31 PM   #6
qacjared
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well that may be true, but you can bring it up through a glitch. If you double tap the home button and you adjust the volume and continue to move the volume control, then tap the home button or the close button often times that graphic appears. That's what I did to get that attached picture.
Those instructions reset my spring-broad!
qacjared is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:39 PM   #7
upsguy27
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Well, it's sort of a glitch. There are just different ways to bring it up without the dock.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 02:40 PM   #8
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qacjared View Post
Those instructions reset my spring-broad!
it's actually easier to do on the Slide to Unlock screen. just double tap the home button, move the volume slider and simultaneously press the home button twice. But you can't take screenshots on that screen for some reason.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:40 PM   #9
pismodude2
macrumors 6502a

There are already several posts discussing this topic already, but none have listed the pointers you gave on how to make it appear. Thanks!
pismodude2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:24 PM   #10
.Chris
Banned

Quote:
it's actually easier to do on the Slide to Unlock screen. just double tap the home button, move the volume slider and simultaneously press the home button twice. But you can't take screenshots on that screen for some reason.
how do u take a screenshot
.Chris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:26 PM   #11
superstrikertwo
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to superstrikertwo
Hold the Sleep Button then press the Home Button. The screen will flash white and the screen shot will be saved to your camera roll.
superstrikertwo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:47 PM   #12
Ivan P
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Ivan P
Quote:
Originally Posted by pismodude2 View Post
There are already several posts discussing this topic already, but none have listed the pointers you gave on how to make it appear. Thanks!
I've mentioned how to do it a few times
Ivan P is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch