Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
So I downloaded coconutBattery just now to check out how my battery is doing and I noticed that it said my Mac is 124 months old! Anyone know why it says that? I'm just curious...

picture2yu8.png

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
ive seen this only on leopard. not tiger. some say that coconut batter does weird things with leopard.
i wouldnt worry about it.
use istatpro as well to compare battery results.

-t

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Man, that's old. :cool:

There is a newer version of coconutbattery, version 2.6.3.

Click coconutbattery in the menu bar (when it's open) and check for updates.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
Man, that's old. :cool:

There is a newer version of coconutbattery, version 2.6.3.

Click coconutbattery in the menu bar (when it's open) and check for updates.
Oh, you're right!
I updated it and now its giving me the correct reading of 2 months. :cool:

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I got my MBP last week and it also showed 124 months. I went to preferences and put in my Serial number and it changed to 2 months. So does Coconut Battery go by when the machine was made, or how long the computer has been in use? I should be 1 week.

davemc1584

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Cairns, QLD
My Macbook Air is older than your Macbook Air...

It fact, it appears to have been made in the year 29 B.C. :eek:

Just had the logic board replaced due to the overheating/freezing issues (faulty core apparently - a common problem??), and my MBA seems to have aged a little.

Oh well, I still love it :rolleyes:

Attachments

• oldmac.jpg
    oldmac.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 166

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
I got my MBP last week and it also showed 124 months. I went to preferences and put in my Serial number and it changed to 2 months. So does Coconut Battery go by when the machine was made, or how long the computer has been in use? I should be 1 week.

It uses the serial number on your Mac to determine when it was made.

davemc1584

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Cairns, QLD
It uses the serial number on your Mac to determine when it was made.

Ah - so that's probably it - my MBA serial number now says "Serial Number: System Serial#" on the System Profiler page after I got it back with the new logic board...

I wonder how long my warranty now goes for... :eek:

m1ss1ontomars

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2006
Ah - so that's probably it - my MBA serial number now says "Serial Number: System Serial#" on the System Profiler page after I got it back with the new logic board...

I wonder how long my warranty now goes for... :eek:

You get weird results when you replace various parts of the system, especially if you get your parts off eBay like me. My MacBook's replacement upper case lacks RAM upgrading instructions and a serial number. The power button is also white on a black background instead of gray on a black background.

suzy2008

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2008
122 months??

Document2.jpg

I just got a refurbished Aluminum Macbook 2.0ghz from Apple... coconut battery however says the computer is 122 months. I've manually entered the serial number and updated coconut battery. Still, 122 months. Whats the deal?

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
It fact, it appears to have been made in the year 29 B.C. :eek:

Just had the logic board replaced due to the overheating/freezing issues (faulty core apparently - a common problem??), and my MBA seems to have aged a little.

Oh well, I still love it :rolleyes:

You should probably condition your battery. With that number of cycles, the health of such a new battery should be much higher. This is my 23 month old WhiteBook, surprisingly it still has a higher capacity than OTB. Although I have about the same number of load-cycles over that period.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 190

davemc1584

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Cairns, QLD
You should probably condition your battery. With that number of cycles, the health of such a new battery should be much higher.

Yeah, I don't know - it seemed ok to me at the time, but I did do the conditioning procedure as described on the Apple website, and it dropped to around 92% health immediately!

Wasn't overly concerned as that laptop was about to be replaced with a new one. I did it on the (brand new) new one, and after doing it the health went to around 94%. This on a brand new computer - total cycles 2! (prior to doing it the health was 100%).

Anyway, the new one had a faulty screen and is just about to be replaced via DOA from Apple. This time, I'm very reluctant to do the conditioning procedure again when I get the new one, as it has had negative effects both times so far.

Anyone else have anything similar happen? :confused::confused:

crisito

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
New MacBook Pro Battery - Coconut says 6 Weeks Old

All in the title - Just got a MacBook Pro today and Coconut Battery is saying that it's 6 weeks old.

It's been plugged in since I got it and it says it only has a 99% charge, but capacity is at 100%.

Current Capacity: 5476
Original Capacity: 5450

Why is it 6 weeks old and why is it not charging up to 100%?

rodwever1

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Macbook Pro i5 Battery

I know it's an old topic but my question fits here.
This is the first time i've owned a MBP (previous iMac owner)

I just got my 15" MBP i5 yesterday. In coconut battery it says it's 5 months old. So i'm guessing this is when the MBP was made right?

Also it's a new MBP. So should i be worried that in system profiler under "Power" it says that the condition of my battery is "normal" (as opposed to good)?

Tnx in advance guys

KirkL

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
United States
I know it's an old topic but my question fits here.
This is the first time i've owned a MBP (previous iMac owner)

I just got my 15" MBP i5 yesterday. In coconut battery it says it's 5 months old. So i'm guessing this is when the MBP was made right?

Also it's a new MBP. So should i be worried that in system profiler under "Power" it says that the condition of my battery is "normal" (as opposed to good)?

Tnx in advance guys

The battery could be 5 months old (and the MBP newer). Apparently CocoB has an issue with calculating age of the Macs anyway

Mine says normal too. I assume normal is the default thing (probably for legal reasons)

ivanspasov1

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Hello friends

someone could help me this message means.
please,please
I've gone crazy,jejej

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2013-02-04 a las 12.12.21.png
    Captura de pantalla 2013-02-04 a las 12.12.21.png
    643 KB · Views: 205
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.