Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
i just downloaded the 30 day desktop trial because i was really interested in the syncing between my computer and ipod touch so i will have to wait and see what others say about the combo before i go ahead and buy the software

GyozaKing

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
I can't autofill some fields on certain sites, for example my bank and University login/password. Is there a way around this?

tweaks

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2008

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Looks like it just was posted:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285897618&mt=8

I installed it, but can't get it to sync with the 2.7.2 desktop app. The "iphone" option is not available in my sync menu. Can anyone else with 2.7.2 see the option? I'm thinking that maybe there will be a 2.7.3 upgrade that they will post once they realize the app is available.

same here.. the only iphone option is to sync to iphone bookmarks..

i'm assuming there will be a desktop update for this too..

thetoothfairy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Get This Update! You Will Be Able To Sync To Iphone!

Works like a charm! All you had to do is go to the support link in itunes for this app and go to their forum and read! This is a update for the desktop version so that it will sync using wifi...... and it will give you the option of sync- sync to iphone and it will work with the version that just got posted in itunes on 7/29/08

http://s3.amazonaws.com/agile/dmg/1Password-2.8.1.dmg

I also backed up my 1Password from my IMac to my Macbook as I sync using my Macbook as it travels with me all of the time.. and when I did this there were files in the trash within my 1Password program.... I could not delete them as it would lock 1Password up... so here is my fix incase anyone else has this same problem... or can't delete any webforms they don't need....

I went to my Applications/Utilties/Keychain Access

Once in there on the left hand side of the screen you will see 1Password... click on it and then you will see things in your trash....right click on them and delete them... it will ask you for your master password one time and then continue to delete the rest out of the trash...

Once you do this... then install 1Password through itunes... if you don't then you will see the things in your trash in your logins in 1Password on your iPhone.....

If you don't do this before installing... then you will have to removed 1Password through itunes and then re-install....

If you have questions please ask and I will try to help you out as much as possible...

GyozaKing

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
Works like a charm! All you had to do is go to the support link in itunes for this app and go to their forum and read! This is a update for the desktop version so that it will sync using wifi...... and it will work with the version that just got posted in itunes on 7/29/08

http://s3.amazonaws.com/agile/dmg/1Password-2.8.1.dmg

Thanks, I got the answer I needed, which exposes one flaw. There's no keyboard in the app's web browser. If a website doesn't allow you to autofill, there's really nothing you can do except exit the app and go to Safari, which really sucks.

thetoothfairy

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks, I got the answer I needed, which exposes one flaw. There's no keyboard in the app's web browser. If a website doesn't allow you to autofill, there's really nothing you can do except exit the app and go to Safari, which really sucks.

Wonderful I see that also....

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
yeah, I'm not crazy about this using webkit within itself, but I suppose there's no good way for them to have the app launch safari and autofill. for that reason, I think the way it handles it is ok, but the lack of a keyboard sucks

like thetoothfairy above said, you need 1password 2.8.1 on your Mac to sync your existing passwords, notes and wallets, and it works incredibly well. I think I still may use the safari bookmarklet though, as that has always worked really well for me, albeit a little sluggish

I see they say it's free for a limited time... I wonder if this means early adopters will be set as far as future updates, or if a major update down the road will be paid for all.... I've already bought the desktop app, I'm not crazy about paying again for the novelty of having password management on my iPhone

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA

So what good is the auto login on most sites if there is no keyboard support in the embedded webkit? Or is it just at the login page there is no keyboard support? That just doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
I'm trying it as I speak and I don't like it. At all.
I hate being stuck in their embedded browser, that sucks to me and it does my head in.
Next!

Dipdip

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
They need to update it ASAP. This app really sucks right now. Crashes a lot, no keyboard in webkit, can't delete info. I'm waiting to see what else won't work.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Exceptionally well designed application.

People experiencing ;) syncing ;) problems, you need to update Password1 for Mac to 2.8.1/Build 7190.

Changes needed are;

- Integration and auto-fill capability in Mobile Safari.
- Ability to delete un-wanted login profiles.

Application crashes are due to 2.0.

R-Fly

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US

People experiencing problems need to update Password1 to 2.8.1/Build 7190.

R-Fly

the problems people are discussing here aren't related to the desktop app. I haven't had it crash on me, but I do agree that I dislike being stuck inside a browser that's within the application. you don't have access to your bookmarks, you can't add bookmarks, can't type in a new URL, etc. that aspect of the app is incredibly annoying.

the app itself is designed incredibly well though

Dipdip

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008

- Integration and auto-fill capability in Mobile Safari

R-Fly

There is autofill, it just doesn't work for all sites but there's nothing that can be done about it according to the publisher. A keyboard is what's needed.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
There is autofill, it just doesn't work for all sites but there's nothing that can be done about it according to the publisher. A keyboard is what's needed.

I was referring to the fact that many have already pointed out.

The fact is, yes auto-fill works, but 1Password for iPhone uses it's own version of WebKit,
instead of throwing the user into Mobile Safari, through a native API, of which the SDK is capable of. ;)

If the 1Password browser gains;

- Bookmark capability
- Web Clips
- URL Entry

Then, it would rock even more.

R-Fly

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
2.8.1 showed up in auto update this morning, as anticipated.

I think it all works pretty well, but the most glaring problems seem to be:

1. Can't delete anything from the iphone app.
2. Deleted items in the trash on the desktop app are still synced to the iphone app. This was very confusing until i figured out what was happening.

Supposedly, they already submitted a new version to Apple, but the App Store posting process is very slow (guess they got stuck behind stellar apps like iDemocrat and iRepublican!). So hopefully this app will be refined soon.

Railrider

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008

The keyboard problem is a bug that's fixed in 1.2. If you close a webpage that you have open while trying to enter text in a field, you'll see the keyboard there behind the window. This obviously isn't affecting everyone, but for those who are experiencing it (myself included), it makes the app quite worthless until 1.2 appears in the App store.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Once synced, the app endlessly crashes once 4 digit key is entered.

Can't wait for the update. I can't do a thing now.

Dan Peterson

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2007
Hi guys, thanks for checking out our new iPhone app! I just saw this MacRumors post and thought I'd chime in.

Most of the issues you've mentioned here are already fixed and an update has been submitted to Apple (as a few mentioned above). We're really hoping that updates don't take anywhere near as long for Apple to process as the original 1.0 version did (over 2 weeks).

Regarding our built in browser vs. Mobile Safari. The problem is that sure, we could have the links send you to Mobile Safari and open the related web page, but there is no way for 1Password to fill anything in (your username or password) in Safari on the iPhone. We have a ton of improvements planned for our built in browser that will, in my opinion, make you not miss Mobile Safari at all while using 1Password. I'm not saying that we're trying to completely replace Safari for all of your web browsing needs but it will definitely end up being a giant step forward.

Version 1.0 is really just the first *small* step for us (not so small in development time though). Pretty much every aspect of the app has huge improvements planned (and already being worked on). I'm so friggin' excited to see everything in my head be put into this sucker!

Dan Peterson
Agile Web Solutions
Lead Designer
http://agilewebsolutions.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.