Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gonzo75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
This is probably a long shot but I've been searching around the web for something that will let me listen to KNBR's audio stream over my iPhone. The stream is a Windows Media stream and I've been looking for possible work arounds (i.e. Orb), but haven't found anything that would work.

I know the iPhone won't do Windows Media stream, but is there a work around to this?

ViRGE

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2003
Pipe the stream in to a computer running Winamp with the Shoutcast broadcast plugin, and then pipe that in to a Shoutcast server (either on the same computer or on another one). Then tune in to the stream with Tuner. Streaming from a residential network may not be as stable though.

bigmouth

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Why won't Orb work? I could swear I've streamed asx using Orb. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Tuner supports asx streams.

wooo

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2006
Why won't Orb work? I could swear I've streamed asx using Orb. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Tuner supports asx streams.

ooTunes Radio wil play KNBR and thousands of others :)

jcb10

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
WunderRadio

... I've been searching around the web for something that will let me listen to KNBR's audio stream over my iPhone.

The Wunderradio application has a KNBR stream. I listen to the Krukow/Kuiper Giants interview most mornings on it. Unfortunately, the app ain't free, but it is a good one.

BrunoMac

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
I have looked for this exact station and have not found it please keep me updated!!

omaroserna

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Not sure if everyone found their answer to this post, but I found a a great app called ooTunes that streams a lot of radio stations including KNBR. The cost however is $3.99 which is well worth it IMO.

bigmouth

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Fstream is free. If you know how to program your own streams, that's a viable alternative. Otherwise, I agree with the WunderRadio suggestion.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
Has anybody figured this out to work during Giants games? I would love to stream music to my Iphone 4 white the giants are playing but according to the KNBR website MLB doesn't allow Giants game to be streamed while they're playing. Thanks for any help!

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't used the search function, lol. Anyhow, I got it to work and I'm fully aware of the paid app but not looking to pay $$$. Thanks anyhow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.