Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deenybird

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
is there a way to do it that doesn't require winpwn?
i think i jailbroke my phone the last time by just downloading a custom file and directing itunes to it, i think

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
yea could someone with a mac just upload the custom 2.0.1 iPhone 3G Firmware with installer and cydia but without the custom logoes for the windows users ^^ appreciated

cadujr

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
Update or Restore?

Can i just update the new pwnage firmware instead of restoring?
I read something about that in the Dev team blog but i'm not sure about it?
Any help?
Thanks

OW22

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Hoorrayy!

Just Pwned my 2G with pwnage 2.0.2 with iPhone FW 2.0.1. No issues whatsoever, all smooth and I'm now syncing with iTunes.

Best guide there is the iClarified format.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Not sure

I did NOT update my 3G to the 2.0.1 but did download it and pwned found that and made the file I need to use I guess with the pwned application.

IS THIS going to cause a problem? or should I just go ahead and use that ?

TIA

jonida

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2008
Hey i got a question: This is my first Jailbreak. Shall i do something special or just follow a iClarified guide? And when you Jailbreak, do you then update thrug the programe or do you improve the Firmware that is already on (2.0.1 in this chase?) Anyway right now i got a pretty good Windoes Vista computer and a Iphone 3g with 2.0.1 official Apple firmware. What shall i do? shall i just Jailbreak normally with WinPwn 2.5 (when it comes) or shall i downgrade(if i can)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.