Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoffmant

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
I started getting that last Monday night (I'm on EDGE--no 3G around here). It's been pretty intermittent since then, though. Sometimes Safari works well, at other times, it pretty much stops completely, regardless of the number of bars I have showing.

This afternoon, Safari worked perfectly, and very fast. This morning--in a different part of the city--I got one web page to load, then nothing came up and I kept getting that message.

I'm about to call AT&T to see if it's a local network thing or an iPhone thing.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I get the message while using Edge. When it happens, it doesn't matter what page I try to access--they don't load.

Ah. Thanks for the additional information. Sorry I didn't read your post more closely. Is it possible to try with wifi to isolate the issue? If it occasionally works then it is either AT&T's network or a "loose connection" in your phone. I assume AT&T owns the towers in your town? I've had poor experiences where the tower is owned by another carrier.

ItalianBoston

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Boston
I was getting the same thing all the time, had to reset the phone like atleast 10 times a day. I was ready to throw my phone out the window, wicked annoying!!!!!!:mad:

Now in 2.0.1 I have not gotten it yet, we shall see though.

hoffmant

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
Ah. Thanks for the additional information. Sorry I didn't read your post more closely. Is it possible to try with wifi to isolate the issue? If it occasionally works then it is either AT&T's network or a "loose connection" in your phone. I assume AT&T owns the towers in your town? I've had poor experiences where the tower is owned by another carrier.

Wifi seems to work fine. I only get this message and have this problem over Edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.