Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mynameisshawn

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
Oregon
I'm not complaining

picture4zt4.png

17" 2.4GHz MBP

Legolamb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2006
North of where I'd like to be
Hey Zephead, the MacPro guide is a tad more exact.

To calibrate the battery:
1. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
4. Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery's charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.

AJ1BostonMASS

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
Hey Zephead, the MacPro guide is a tad more exact.

To calibrate the battery:
1. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
4. Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery's charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.

ok well i do that everyday if not almost because with my old windows i learned that the hard way but alright glad im just not being paranoid about my battery

icbreeze

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Australia
hehehe... 3 years old and is still alive and kicking :D Havent had to put it into service even once :cool: dropped the laptop twice (once on concrete and the other on tile) and didn't need to be serviced, only dented a bit <- This is what you call a durable laptop ;)

12" Powerbook G4
1.5GHz PowerPC
769MB RAM
Currently Running 10.4.11

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 178

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Japan
Is there any good program that does something similar to this, but doesn't require 10.4? I'm still running 10.2.8 on my old iBook (well, dual boot with OS9), but I'd like to find out if I'm helping the battery at all by continuing to calibrate it.

Avzone

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2004
U.k
Check >>>

Hi, just thought I'd check out this thread and Coconut..
What do you reakon on my stats ?
I know the battery needs replacing.
What should I be looking at on a new battery ?
How comes some posted have more current capacity than there original battery capacity ?

Attachments

• CBattery.jpg
    CBattery.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 167

kevin0807

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
when i ran coconut it said my macbook was 124months old when i bought it 2 weeks ago? it also says my maximum battery charge is 51%?

kevin0807

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2009
Here's mine, i dont know why it says its 124 months old i entered my serial number but it still says 124 months

Picture2.png

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
300 cycles then capacity drops off fast WHAT? Mine is still good and from 2004 (older than the computer)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 161

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
^ your battery sucks compared to mine. 39 cycles and that? that is .0235897 percent per cycle. Mine is .0012006 percent per cycle.

I think this thread should be moved to the picture gallery form and renamed Post Your Battery Condition.

Kristenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2009
Here is mine. I guess my computer was made sometime in January because it will be 7 months since I got it new in a few days.

I guess my battery is in ok shape. I use it completely at least once a month... and I use it a little here and there almost every day. school and such ><

Attachments

• 111.tif.png
    111.tif.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 165

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
Note the cycle count and capacity

Battery Information:

Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 3011
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 3022
Health Information:
Cycle count: 700
Condition: Good
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1975
Voltage (mV): 11868

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.