Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Just curious, are the low inventory numbers hitting specific iPod models, or all of them?

Well I was at target last night, they had one 8GB touch on hand, along with 3 black, , 1 green 3 sliver nanos and 0 ipod classics...

They then had 3 "superpacks" for target stores only. It included a 4GB nano, a case and a $15 i tunes gift card for $149.

I personaly would never buy electronics like an ipod from target. Costco is the best place. They ALWAYS have the ipods 10 bucks cheeper then the other places plus great return policy. some complain because you cant see the actual product or take the actual box up to the regester. who cares. same goes for computers and TVs you idiots

Mark2000

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah, and iPod is an iPod, but when are the new Macbooks and MB Pros coming out? I'm all saved up and waiting specifically for the refresh. On pins and needles, even!

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, and iPod is an iPod, but when are the new Macbooks and MB Pros coming out? I'm all saved up and waiting specifically for the refresh. On pins and needles, even!

Agreed. I'm holding out on getting a new laptop (HP screwed up my machine. Never going back to them again) I'll hold off till mid september. If apple gets updates and I like what I'll see I'll buy otherwise I'll go somewhere else as I've already been wating for 4 months.,..

kiwi031

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
New Zealand
iPod Inventory

We have OK inventory of Classics and 4GB Nanos but the 8GB Nanos (in any colour) have been really hard to come by over the past 1 or 2 months...

Before the last refresh we were COMPLETELY out of any iPods of any kind for about 2 months before the event. With a bit of luck supply would get that bad this time!

OrangeCrush

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2008
Good, about D&£$!£$! Time too!

I've been drooling for a Nano for ages.... but if they change the design I'm jumping to go for a current model I think it's perfect in size.

Though I've heard that the Touch will not be different in design, only some moderate upgrades will take place. However the only note worthy thing to mention I think is the fact that NIKE will play a big part in this new update. I know a guy at Nike who says they've been told that the new iPods will be a major hit with runners. So I assume the Nike software will be a little more than just a plug and play thing. It seems that for once we might not need those things in our shoes! The Touch might be able to handle the steps on it's own if worn on your hips, and if this is any indication of any updated for the nano, I'm guessing it's going to be the same for them. Motion sensor in the nano to be more compatible with the Nike merger of the new software.

I can't confirm this, so take it as it is... Though I don't have a reason NOT to believe him cause he didn't seem that hyped about new iPods, but he did mention that the software written for the new Nike app, suggests some minor new modifications to the iPods.

Time will tell and I hope I'll like the new design. I love the current fatty iPods. :)

That would be cool--a cross between an iPod and a Garmin GPS watch!!!:eek:

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I can't wait for the new iPods.
And since an earlier poster said that there were no Classics, does this mean we might also see an iPod Classic refresh?
If everything turns out as I think it will, I am really looking forward to getting an iPod Touch 16GB for $300 and an iPod Classic 240GB $350.

franzmueller

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
Spain
With all the great apps for the ipod Touch I am missing a loudspeaker so much !!!!

Oh by the way .... please add also external volume controls would you ?

And a cam would be also nice

Thanks

Saludos:)

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Any chance we finally see wireless headphones and wireless syncing?

Speaking from experience, the Bluetooth 2.1 Stereo Headphones don't work that great. Then again I have only tried a few brands and disliked the output experience.

Wireless sinking even with Bluetooth 2.1 is slow, a USB 2.0 plus is still way better.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Any chance we finally see wireless headphones and wireless syncing?

With all the great apps for the ipod Touch I am missing a loudspeaker so much !!!!

Oh by the way .... please add also external volume controls would you ?

And a cam would be also nice

Thanks

Saludos:)

All great possibilities.
Everybody wants a camera, especially me since I thik that the camera on the iPhone is effing amazing for a phone.

Although I don't think we will see wireless headphones and wireless syncing until the refreshment in for fall '09.

fad1

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
What about the new macbooks. I already have an iPhone 3G so september iPod refresh really wont matter to me, but what about the new redesigned macbook? when are they arriving? I'm holding off a laptop now because I am waiting for a new macbook.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
AppleInsider claims[/url] that iPod retailers are starting to get signals of an impending iPod refresh.

Target's iPod inventory has reportedly had a change in status from "Active" to "Discontinued" while UK retailer Argos is prepping to clear out their current iPod inventory in anticipation of the updates:Apple is widely expected to release new iPods in September. Rumors have pointed to a new iPod Touch and iPod nano redesign.]
Any (more) news on Mac clearances / other signals of a refresh?

Yayyyyyyyy!!

Does that mean there will only be one color scheme of iPod?

And there won't be a 64 GB iPod touch when there aren't any feasible chips that would give that capacity.

What about the new macbooks. I already have an iPhone 3G so september iPod refresh really wont matter to me, but what about the new redesigned macbook? when are they arriving? I'm holding off a laptop now because I am waiting for a new macbook.
September.

Time Capsule seems to be out of stock on some sites (Best Buy) and stores.
Next Tuesday…

:p

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Prediction: iPod Touch w/ HDD replaces Classic

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Classic replaced by an iPod Touch with an HDD.

The iPod Touch's screen is perfect for video and photos but the memory format prevents the Touch from reaching its full potential with its very limiting 32GB ceiling.

On the other hand, the iPod Classic's huge drive is overkill for most music owners. Using the Classic for video is not ideal due to it's small screen's dimensions.

The Classic's HDD is a perfect match for the Touch's screen. Such a combination makes the Classic irrelevant. A 160GB or even 200GB would be just slightly thicker than the current iPod touch, perhaps the same width as the iPhone.

As for the Nano, I don't think that the it'll go touch. The Nano will probably maintain the click wheel as it's great for running and other sports. Furthermore, adding a new touch screen size would complicate the development of apps.

I'm predicting a simplification of the iPod line to a choice between an iPod Nano and a Touch:

iPod Nano 16GB
iPod Nano 32GB

iPod Touch 32GB (flash)
iPod Touch 100GB (HDD)
iPod Touch 200GB (HDD)

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
"Pfft, iPods? Irelevant." ;)

"iPods? O! You mean apple makes other things?" :p

Sorry one more:

"Hey guys. 2004 called. They want their overhyped gadget back." :D

kiwi031

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
New Zealand
The Classic's HDD is a perfect match for the Touch's screen. Such a combination makes the Classic irrelevant. A 160GB or even 200GB would be just slightly thicker than the current iPod touch, perhaps the same width as the iPhone.

[/B]

Mate I've taken apart Old 20GB's, new Classics and Touches... I reckon if they put a 1.8" HDD in the touch it would be a hell of a lot thicker, quite a bit more than the iPhone. The touch is increadibly compact, throwing in a HDD would add a tremendous amount of width not only cos of the HDD but the SATA connector, surrounding padding, etc.

We can always pray tho!

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Classic replaced by an iPod Touch with an HDD.
The iPod touch won't have a HD, and the iPod nano won't go touch either.

As for the Nano, I don't think that the it'll go touch. The Nano will probably maintain the click wheel as it's great for running and other sports. Furthermore, adding a new touch screen size would complicate the development of apps.
The display would most likely only be slightly smaller (2.8"~3.2").

If anything, the iPod touch will have a price drop (8 GB $249) or there will be a 2.8"~3.2" "iPod touch nano."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.