Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PMac18

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
The overall design looks great. I'm not quite buying the validity, but if it's similar to this, I'm selling mine and buying this. The only thing that bugs me is that the keyboard is black. People are going to get confused if it has the same keyboard as the MacBook Air, at least keep it aluminum to make SOME differentiation between their notebooks.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
I dont know if any of you have noticed but it looks like cyberduck is in the dock and last i checked apple didnt advertise there macs with 3rd party apps. And the address book is in the wrong spot.

yeh your right! the Address Book icon is an applications stack which isnt in the dock by default. good eyes! definately fake.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
im going to say its a fake as theres no kensignton lock and no DVI port screw holes. unless Apple has totally done away with any locking mechanism? and also it looks like the power button is off-centre… like its actually from the Air?

of course no one will know what it will look like until it is released.

The kensington lock could be on the other side of the MBP. Also most notebooks with VGA ports don't have screw holes, so why do you need them with a DVI port?

Don

.michael

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
about to post.

found on 9to5mac.com . looks cool, but prolly fake. does anyone think the apple event will be on a tuesday? that seems like a new product day... lol

grubworth

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
The crappy shadow photoshop effect underneath and the blue circle **** going on?

It's very nice and I think it could be close to what we'll get but I think this is fake.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
The kensington lock could be on the other side of the MBP. Also most notebooks with VGA ports don't have screw holes, so why do you need them with a DVI port?

Don

dunno why but thats the standard. the current MacBook Pro has screw holes on the DVI port and so do DVI video cards in the Mac Pro and PC towers.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Honestly I could care less about the keyboard; as long as they give the user (easy) access to the HDD and add the magnetic latch I'd be happy.

mciarlo

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
New York City
I am the author of the mockup - here is an updated version per all the criticisms I've gotten.

Attachments

• MacBookPro_Ad_Render.jpg
    MacBookPro_Ad_Render.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 2,587

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Gut feeling says that the MacBook Pro keys will be different than the MacBook as a way of differentiating them. Could be wrong, but it's always been this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.