Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisp92

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
im sure you have all seen these images around.
but here they are for those of you who have not seen them:

ipod.png

i hear the will be just like the ipod touch, except with no wifi, just a touch screen.

the home key has apparently moved to the top.

thoughts?

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
this is actually the more logical path for apple to take. thinK about it. the 2nd gen nanos had the candybar form factor, and then to a square with the 3rd generation. it would only make sense to continue that trend. in the picture, they look like squares in the picture. and since people like the touchscreen of the iphone so much, merging them together seems like a win win situation.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
this is actually the more logical path for apple to take. thinK about it. the 2nd gen nanos had the candybar form factor, and then to a square with the 3rd generation. it would only make sense to continue that trend. in the picture, they look like squares in the picture. and since people like the touchscreen of the iphone so much, merging them together seems like a win win situation.

I would agree; still doesn't mean it's not fake. It clearly looks rendered to me.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Yep, I know.

Look at the spacing between the ones that are supposed to be in a row. It's not even.

Also of note: When apple releases new iPods, they don't keep the same pictures on them. Those are the same as before. The picture is apng file named ipod. How convenient.

Here is what I meant by the spacing...
ipodvu3.jpg

Look at the widths.

chrisp92

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
well I was just posting what I have heard.

It looks very Apple to me.

They always use the the same colors in the video and on the design.

could have the staff member who leaked it blued it for a reason? I cant think of any, but im sure there are some.

chrisp92

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
im sort of new to the apple side of things, i use to be a windows fan, and than i saw the light..
haha

but do apple make you take things down when their products get leaked?
=S
why?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
im sort of new to the apple side of things, i use to be a windows fan, and than i saw the light..
haha

but do apple make you take things down when their products get leaked?
=S
why?

You'll get used to this sort of thing very quickly.

People make some seriously good-looking mockups and fakes around the time of product releases. This one is a fake, it is, it's all photoshoppy and nasty around the edges.

Always best to take mockups with an interested eye but a big grain of salt. Most of the time they're fake.

chrisp92

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
so the one i found was fake =0

why would people do that??

dont they have a life??
=S

is it possible that the nanos will get touch screens?
i got all happy...

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Yes. For sure. It's been over 3 hours and Apple hasn't made anyone take it down.

Thats enough evidence for me.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
Yep, those are photoshop blurs and they're not evenly spaced.

The spacing does not mean a thing. They could be spaced that way due to being different capacities. You guys and your photoshop theories. Until you see it in person everyone screams fake. What happened to the fun of speculation and imagination. You guys take all the fun out of it.

CSIrules

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
It looks a little too skanky to be an apple ad. They usually try to keep the on screen images pretty tame.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Yes. For sure. It's been over 3 hours and Apple hasn't made anyone take it down.

Thats enough evidence for me.
The aluminum keyboard pictures last year weren't taken down but they were still real (Steve Jobs even mentioned it in the event).

I don't think the pictures are real, but who knows.

Rumors point to an iPod nano with a portrait display and a click wheel. However, this doesn't mean there won't be a separate iPod like the supposedly leaked ones the OP posted.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
First thing I noticed was the seeming lack of manual buttons, if that thing freezes up it's going to be a pain in the ass to reset (and the fact you say the home key is on the top yet even with the blur you can't distinguish anything just makes me all the more skeptical).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.